FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING: The Complete Recordings - RE-ISSUE now available (3CD/1BD or 5LP)

Jay

And sell the fancy higher quality formats digitally, with download codes also in every copy. No need for printing blurays, price is down, they also get digital sales...

In recent memory, the Blu-rays for Twin Peaks The Return and The Last Jedi were available for preorder, and then "not currently available."  It doesn't mean they won't be available again.  I think it has something to do with arguments between Amazon and certain distributors.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered it from the UK Amazon and the release date states Friday as well. But sometimes it happens, especially with Prime. I remember getting The Force Awakens OST a day early.

Karol

55 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

They should make a "regular" release with only the CDs and at half the price.

Well, I'm sure on Friday you'll be able to buy it digitally (in Stereo), possibly even in lossless (if they work with HDTracks or 7Digital or whoever else) for probably something like $20 or so

22 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

They should make a "regular" release with only the CDs and at half the price.

Why should they do that when they can have a "deluxe" version with a BD at twice the price?

22 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'll wait for the price of the physical product to drop.

I'm sure a lot of people thought that about the last set. ;)

1 minute ago, Nick1066 said:

I'm sure a lot of people thought that about the last set. ;)

I can recall seeing it at Amazon.co.uk for about £30.

1 minute ago, Nick1066 said:

Why should they do that when they can have a "deluxe" version with a BD at twice the price?

They would probably sell more copies if they had a cheaper option.

I have the original set, but I actually have ordered the new one (with the LP's) and will leave it sealed, so I can exploit someone in a few years on eBay. :)

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Rubber nub, or no rubber nub?

Quick question from someone who came to the fandom too late and only awed the original sets until now, when I'll finally have a chance to get them:

What is this about rubber nubs? I know about the curved spine-straight spine disaster, but not this.

35 minutes ago, Holko said:

Quick question from someone who came to the fandom too late and only awed the original sets until now, when I'll finally have a chance to get them:

What is this about rubber nubs? I know about the curved spine-straight spine disaster, but not this.

The DVDs for the original releases were seated on rubber nubs, and apparently the fit was tight and they were very difficult to take off and put back on.  I only used the CDs, personally, so :rock:.

And now comes the wait for comments on mastering, sound quality and potential defects (Aragorn's Return) so I can buy it when I can recieve it at home.

Looks the same to me. The spine is flatter but everything looks the same. And yeah, the beloved rubber thingy is preserved for a brand new generation to "enjoy".

Karol

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

And now comes the wait for comments on mastering, sound quality and potential defects (Aragorn's Return) so I can buy it when I can recieve it at home.

Isn't the Aragorn's Return problem limited to the, ah, stereo files shared on a bay for piartes? My 5.1 file is perfect.

Hmm... I thought there would be 4 different tracks on the Blu-ray disc but there are only 2. Think it was only the Amazon product description that is incorrect.

Karol

There should be 4 tracks; It might depend on what player you are playing it on.

So how does the menu identify each track you can choose the play?

What does the back of the actual box set say should be on the disc?

The Amazon listing says the 4 audio tracks on the BD are:

1 Advanced Resolution Surround
2 Advanced Resolution Stereo
3 Dolby Surround
4 Dolby Stereo

Well, those would be all you need, anyway.  Dolby versions on the same disc would just be lossy versions for people with older equipment.