Michael Giacchino's INCREDIBLES 2 (2018)

Jay

37 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Sigh... everything is a sequel, prequel, sidequel, reboot, remake these days!

I agree, Stefan, but this is one sequel that I am definitely looking forward to, as the original film was a triumph, on so many levels.

You need to learn to be...flexible :)

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Michael Giacchino is certainly Disney Pixar's go to now, eh?

Nope, still second banana to Randy

Randy Newman - 9 films (Toy Story, Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Cars, Toy Story 3, Monsters University, Cars 3, Toy Story 4)

Michael Giacchino - 7 films (Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, Cars 2, Inside Out, Coco, Incredibles 2)

Thomas Newman - 3 films (Finding Nemo, WALL-E, Finding Dory)

Patrick Doyle - 1 film (Brave)

Mychael and Jeff Danna - 1 film (The Good Dinosaur)

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nope, still second banana to Randy

Although Gia has 5 non-sequels to Randy's 4, and Cars was in 2006. So I think it is pretty accurate to call Gia their new go-to. He even took Cars 2!

My two-year-old loves Randy Newman's songs from Toy Story, especially "Buzz Crying" ("I Will Go Sailing No More") and "Jessie Crying" ("When She Loved Me").  WHAT HAS GIACCHINO EVER DONE FOR MY KID?  NOTHING!

2 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Good on ya, mate!

I've long gotten the impression Chicken Run is overall a Powell work, while Shrek and Antz are Gregson-Williams. 

How come two themes carried over into Narnia then? ;)

2 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Good on ya, mate!

I've long gotten the impression Chicken Run is overall a Powell work, while Shrek and Antz are Gregson-Williams. 

They’re all pretty homogenous. You hear both stylings throughout. 

I do, I just mean I get the impression Chicken Run is "mostly Powell", while Antz is "mostly Gregson-Williams". I've figured I'm wrong in that regard, it's just how I've heard it. That said, I listen to Chicken Run a lot more than the latter.

Both are more John Powell. I believe all of those DreamWorks duo works involving him are. He even said in an interview that he never understood why he had never done a solo job for the studio until "How to Train Your Dragon". It took thirteen years for that.

Ha, it said no videos are available! I know you like Powell, but I'll figure this one out! Thanks!

Can you compare his style to any one else? Or do you think that because it's a Star Wars movie it'll sound more like that then original Powell? I don't know!

I think Powell's style would fit Star Wars perfectly, to where I expect it'd be a nice balance between his style and the sound we're used to in that universe. To put it one way, Solo isn't going to sound like John Williams, but it'll sound like Star Wars (more naturally than Rogue One does). 

I do wish he'd do the Jurassic stuff too, but what the hey. I like Giacchino's Jurassic music more than his RO at least. He's a slightly better fit for Jurassic than he was for Star Wars.

The song is called "Elastigirl Is Back" and the next time you'll hear it will be June 15th when Incredibles 2 hits theaters.

:banghead:

~

The cue starts at around 14:30 into the stream and runs until around 15:30 and sounds really fun! (though unfortunately one of the hosts talks over it)

Thanks for sharing Faleel!

On 18/04/2018 at 9:57 PM, kaseykockroach said:

I do, I just mean I get the impression Chicken Run is "mostly Powell", while Antz is "mostly Gregson-Williams". I've figured I'm wrong in that regard, it's just how I've heard it. That said, I listen to Chicken Run a lot more than the latter.

You can find apparent cue-by-cue credits here:

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=99

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=443

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php?rub=disco&id=135