'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Priority are almost gone. But general sale will release the rest 90 percent of the halls tickets. I was only able to book up in the circle with my priority booking, so on friday I'll try again for front row seats. But at least I have a backup ticket in the bag. 

I'll be seeing Williams in Chicago, Baltimore and London this year. Oh money, a friend I once knew...

35 minutes ago, Quintus said:

What time is the concert on and when does it end? Drinks and maybe food before or afterwards? 

I've heard there will be an after party in JW's hotel suite. Arranged by Bill Ross.

2 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

Priority are almost gone. But general sale will release the rest 90 percent of the halls tickets. I was only able to book up in the circle with my priority booking, so on friday I'll try again for front row seats. But at least I have a backup ticket in the bag. 

I'll be seeing Williams in Chicago, Baltimore and London this year. Oh money, a friend I once knew...

When on Friday will the general sale start?

KO is at 7:30, so I guess that it'll end at 9:30-10:00 (they have strict noise laws in Kensington).

My last train back home goes at midnight, but, as it's very much a treat, I might just stay overnight.

Dinner and drinks beforehand sounds great. 

56 minutes ago, Quintus said:

What time is the concert on and when does it end? Drinks and maybe food before or afterwards? 

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

We'll be using it as an opportunity to have a couple of nights away anyway. No rush to get back to the room after :up:

Could you ask your avatar, if she wants to go to a film music concert?

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I will be doing the same. A couple of days in London.

OOI, Stefan, how are you planning to get to London?

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

OOI, Stefan, how are you planning to get to London?

Plane is easiest i guess. Any other suggestions?

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

She's already perusing hotel deals my friend. 

We can all 'ave a drink on Albert Square!

42 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

When on Friday will the general sale start?

9am UK time.

13 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Those who are familiar with the RAH, any recommendations on good seats to try for?

If you want the full view of the hall and a clear view of the entire orchestra, then the circle is your best bet. Circle U or Circle T.

If you want up close and personal then in the Stalls at the side overlooking the stage is good or front rows on the floor obviously.

Personally, I'm going for Choir seats if they are released, because they're good and of course Williams will be facing me, rather than having his back to me.

Holy cow what amazing news; Wish I had checked the site when I first woke up, I'm just seeing this now.

So we want to go, but apparently only "Friends and Patrons" can buy tickets right now?  How do so many of you have tickets?  How do I get 2?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Holy cow what amazing news; Wish I had checked the site when I first woke up, I'm just seeing this now.

So we want to go, but apparently only "Friends and Patrons" can buy tickets right now?  How do so many of you have tickets?  How do I get 2?

I bought a Friends subscription and made my order. I got 4 tix (you cannot buy more than 4) for me and friends. Right now, it seems Friends and Patrons priority is sold out. So sit tight on Friday and be fast!

17 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

If you want the full view of the hall and a clear view of the entire orchestra, then the circle is your best bet. Circle U or Circle T.

If you want up close and personal then in the Stalls at the side overlooking the stage is good or front rows on the floor obviously.

Personally, I'm going for Choir seats if they are released, because they're good and of course Williams will be facing me, rather than having his back to me.

Which seats are considered to have the best sound?

Damn, so you're saying if I had seen this earlier, I could have signed up as a "friend" and bought tickets?  But because I didn't see it in time, now I have to wait until Friday?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

That's not a problem

Looks like there are more seats available now. Go!

I guess they're slowly making seats available a few at a time, likely to avoid hoarding from single people using different IPs.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I wonder what even made JW decide to conduct a concert in London, now, of all times, after all these years.

Who knows... I heard from reliable people that they were close to do it in 2015, when the LSO was originally booked to record The Force Awakens, but then plans were scrapped when it was settled to record in LA. 

I guess things and schedules and stars finally aligned the right way and are making this possible.

2 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Who knows... I heard from reliable people that they were close to do it in 2015, when the LSO was originally booked to record The Force Awakens, but then plans were scrapped when it was settled to record in LA. 

I guess things and schedules and stars finally aligned the right way and are making this possible.

So awesome.

I see @Ricard liked my post - are you gonna come to the concert Ricard?

Just now, mstrox said:

Hasn't been a better time in recent memory to get the heck out of the US

lol

As what I believe to be the last time John Williams will do a concert over here, I just have to go to this. Trouble is going to be whether I can afford the time (first year of university will start for me in September) but I really do think it would be worth it.

19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Hasn't been a better time in recent memory to get the heck out of the US

Maybe he won't wanna come back. I'm sure Britain will grant him citizenship if he wanted it!

Just now, Jay said:

I just realized, he'll probably play the new Han Solo & The Princess theme at this show, that'll be great!

Yes!

He won't have done any new scores right? So the new Han Solo & The Princess Theme stands a good chance. But possible his Solo theme as well

Anyone spending some time in London and looking for some sightseeing tips might be interested in attending the Bond in Motion exhibition. It has pretty much every major car and vehicle used in the Bond movies. The actual ones used for filming. http://londonfilmmuseum.com/