'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

48 minutes ago, crocodile said:

It looks like we'll be having quite a few drinks together this year! Is @ChrisAfonso also attending all three?

Karol

I'll try to get a ticket for this concert on Friday, even though my London travel schedule for this year is already quite packed :) I hope nothing else comes along that's a must-see... but what could top this concerted trifecta, right? (luckily I've already seen JP live, or I'd have a problem)

2 minutes ago, Gistech said:

... like tickets? I'm literally that broke right now.

If attending the concert is a huge wish of yours then borrow from anyone you can and promise to pay them back. I'm sure they'd help if it's a dream of yours.

20 minutes ago, Omen II said:

Are you sure you are not mistaken with the date, Richard?  I helped the Royal Albert Hall archivist with some information about John Williams's appearances there a few weeks ago and she checked the original programmes from their archives, confirming that John Williams conducted the LSO with John Scott at Filmharmonic on 16th November 1985.  If there was a later Royal Albert Hall appearance in 1986, it is not information they have on their performance database and they would probably be pleased to hear from you.

On a related note, here is an interesting read about the Filmharmonic concerts:

http://www.robertfarnonsociety.org.uk/index.php/jim/the-special-articles/271-filmharmonic-the-final-years-1978-1985

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, Omen, thanks. I was there, though.

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, Omen, thanks. I was there, though.

Take a picture of your ticket stub!

8 minutes ago, Omen II said:

I never doubted you, Richard!

Never doubted you for a second! Wonderful!  :)

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Take a picture of your ticket stub!

I'm afraid that I don't keep things like that, Jay.

47 minutes ago, ChrisAfonso said:

I'll try to get a ticket for this concert on Friday, even though my London travel schedule for this year is already quite packed :) I hope nothing else comes along that's a must-see... but what could top this concerted trifecta, right? (luckily I've already seen JP live, or I'd have a problem)

Well, I hope you make it!

Will be amazing to catch with people as well as meeting new ones. I'm really excited for it. Now... is there a way to meet maestro as a JWFan group to say hello... Hmm... ;) 

Karol

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I wonder which concerts the tickets beneath the top one were to... ;)

A collection of concerts relating to Williams, JNH, John Barry, Giacchino, Desplat, Horner, Zimmer, Goldsmith etc etc.

Events like Krakow Film Music Festival, Hollywood in Vienna.

About 40 live to film concerts.

And some lovely precious ones like JNH in Texas, Vienna, and London. Desplat conducting the LSO in London. Giacchino's 50th Birthday.

Etc.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

HOLY CRAP, bought two ticekts to Harry Potter 3, and 2 tickets to Johnny Dubs.

The LeBlancs are going to London!

Although there are other things to do in London than go to film music concerts Jay, if you wanted to go for the 'triple whammy' - Brian Tyler will be conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall on the Thursday (25th October):

https://www.philharmonia.co.uk/concerts/2108

I went to Brian Tylers first concert there. It was surprisingly great. He was a wonderful host and the music was very entertaining.

Edit. Just bought tickets for Tyler's concert haha

So today I have bought tickets for;

Williams in London

Jaws

Jurassic Park

Raiders

Home Alone

Brian Tyler. 

I think I've had a mini breakdown.

45 minutes ago, Omen II said:

Although there are other things to do in London than go to film music concerts Jay, if you wanted to go for the 'triple whammy' - Brian Tyler will be conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall on the Thursday (25th October):

https://www.philharmonia.co.uk/concerts/2108

Another one? Make it stop. I can't take it anymore!

Th5FtAn.gif

Karol

Do you think tickets will sell within minutes or do I have the whole morning to buy it ? As for the JWFan meetup, in order to see each other, I suggest we all wistle Rey Theme including counterpoints :P

If you're able, I heartily suggest you to connect at 9am GMT sharp at the Royal Albert Hall website and then start the queue. The server works on a logic of "first come, first served", so the first you get there, the more choice and chance you have. If you can't make it personally, then I'd suggest to ask a friend or family member to do it on your behalf. As Omen II already wrote, it's very likely this will sell out over the course of few hours. Good luck everyone!

11 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

A collection of concerts relating to Williams, JNH, John Barry, Giacchino, Desplat, Horner, Zimmer, Goldsmith etc etc.

Events like Krakow Film Music Festival, Hollywood in Vienna.

About 40 live to film concerts.

And some lovely precious ones like JNH in Texas, Vienna, and London. Desplat conducting the LSO in London. Giacchino's 50th Birthday.

Etc.

An impressive collection. Make sure you don't saturate... :P

But... no classical concerts?

7 minutes ago, toothless said:

How do you know the price ? :)

As of right now, I created an acocunt on the RAH website. And I'll start the queue at 9AM Paris time (who know !).

Look at the OP.

Luckily Chile is only 3 hours behind, so I only have to get up at 6am to secure tickets. God I hope I get them, I'm promoting the hashtag #PrayforAlex

I don't think I've heard any of his scores besides the Marvel ones, which were all pretty good - not all-time greats, but fun and functional and worth a listen.  I've only been to two film score concerts (Star Wars In Concert and FOTR Live to Projection) and that's probably enough for me, to be honest.  Orchestral or otherwise, I find I'm really not a concert guy.

Although his music isn't very sophisticated, his things like Iron Man 3 are exciting to hear big and loud with a full orchestra. And the rhythmic and percussive stuff for Now You See Me and the Fast and Furious films is very fun to hear performed live. He doesn't have much variety to span over a 2 hour concert, but I would be lying if I say I wasn't very satisfied with his first concert effort.

This for example was nice to see live. Especially when I can spot myself in the 4th row ;)

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I have no interest in attending a Brian Tyler concert

The last one was obnoxiously over-amplified and the entire thing was conducted to clicks.