'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

Booked! Took a seat in the Second Tier section (Box 34 if I'm correct). Will be my fourth John Williams' concert... but I had never thought that could occur in London!

Don't want to rub it in to those who are still in line, but got mine.

Arena B, row 19 (seat 6, 7 and 8). Not as good seats as I had on the 2013 Elfman concert, but better than the 2010 Morricone concert.

Also, probably the most expensive concert ticket I've ever bought.

(if I get my press accreditation, I might sell it....shouldn't be a problem to re-sell, I suppose).

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Arena B, row 19 (seat 6, 7 and 8). Not as good seats as I had on the 2013 Elfman concert, but better than the 2010 Morricone concert.

(if I get my press accreditation, I might sell it....shouldn't be a problem to re-sell, I suppose).

My Tanglewood tickets were even more expensive...

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

If I wont get mine, I am first in the line if you'll sell yours!:lol:

5 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

My Tanglewood tickets were even more expensive...

That's crazy. I think the closest in terms of price was the Horner concert in Vienna, also in 2013. But this one beats them all; feels like I just bought a Justin Bieber ticket (the waiting line, the price etc.). :)

4 minutes ago, hornist said:

If I wont get mine, I am first in the line if you'll sell yours!:lol:

Sure! But you'll get one, no worries. The fact that we got Arena tickets after being relatively behind in the line system, means there are a LOT available. 

5 minutes ago, hornist said:

Yep. Greatest hour wasted in my life. FUCK!!

Well I already had the tickets in my shopping cart and ready to go but when I tried to pay I I had to do an extra confirmation for my credit card payment through my bank account and I didn't have my bank codes with me at work. This hasn't been the norm with any of my internet purchases before. So NO TICKETS!!!!!

Just now, rough cut said:

OK, so I went nuts and went for the super expensive tickets in the end, including fine dining, GBP 249 a piece...

Classy. :)

Hi Guys, I have managed to buy 6 tix. I will kepp 2 of them for my wife, but I will be happy to sell you those rest 4. (I have Stalls M Row 11 Seats 130, 131  and Grand Tier 11 Seats 9, 10, 11, 12 ) I still do not know wich one I will keep and which one I will sell.

Anyway, is there anybody who has tickets to arena in some very front rows? I would like to be the - maybe change for some of mine :)?

I got a very good position in the stalls. I would have liked to have picked my own seat but ended up getting a decent seat. Never thought I'd be seeing JW twice in one year (Chicago and London). I've been to London loads but it'll be my first time in the Royal Albert Hall. 

I have those two to stalls as Etickets and the four to balconee as normal tickets. I will propably sell them when I will have those four in my hands.

For the moment, it looks like I will not be going to London this October.

Alas.

And fuck you, Royal Albert Hall, for not having a giant JOIN THE QUEUE NOW button on the event page!

3 hours ago, CipZip said:

Hi Guys, I have managed to buy 6 tix. I will kepp 2 of them for my wife, but I will be happy to sell you those rest 4. (I have Stalls M Row 11 Seats 130, 131  and Grand Tier 11 Seats 9, 10, 11, 12 ) I still do not know wich one I will keep and which one I will sell.

Anyway, is there anybody who has tickets to arena in some very front rows? would like to be the - maybe change for some of mine :)?

I was actually logged in hour before sale started. I have been refreshing page almost every minute and when there was 9AM it redirected me to the queue page ... You can imagine how painful it was. :((( What is worse, I still do not knw where I will precisely be sitting - since there was not any accurate plan of the hall :(

14 minutes ago, CipZip said:

Anyway, is there anybody who has tickets to arena in some very front rows? I would like to be the - maybe change for some of mine :)?

Very interstates mate if you still have one spare? I dropped you a message also

thanks

adam

4 minutes ago, GRIGA01 said:

Very interstates mate if you still have one spare? I dropped you a message also

thanks

adam

I do not have anything in my mailbox :(

Long shot but could the powers at be possibly decide to add another engagement to satisfy the demand (obviously contingent on Williams' approval)?

Is it usual for these events to sell out so quickly?

I hope they decide to record the concert for a BD release.

Read @Omen II's excellent advices if you didn't get tickets:

22 hours ago, Omen II said:

Here are two more photos that might help those of you who have not been to the Royal Albert Hall before and are hoping to snaffle tickets tomorrow.  The first one is taken from row 9 of block H in the stalls (the stage is at the left of the photo).  These are the various sections of the hall shown in the photo, starting from the top:

• At the top of the picture (underneath the arches, where we dream our dreams away) is the Gallery.  This is an unreserved standing section.  They often do not start to sell tickets for the gallery until the seats in the rest of the hall have sold out, sometimes weeks or months later.  This might be worth keeping an eye on if you are unlucky; you get a great view from most arches, although the view of the stage becomes progressively more restricted the closer you are to the stage.  This area is not for anyone who does not like heights but these are always the cheapest tickets.
  • Next down is the Circle, consisting of six rows of seats.  The rake is steep so you do not have to worry about your view being blocked by people in front of you, although the view from some seats can be partially obscured by handrails.  As with the gallery, there are more restricted views the closer you get to the stage (i.e. the top left in the photo, which is block Y).
  • Next down are the Second Tier Boxes, most of which have five chairs in them on two levels.  The view from most of these is great and can be quite cosy.  Seats here are generally priced similarly to those in the Stalls and Arena further down.  If the concert sells out and you are unlucky, it is sometimes worth ringing the RAH box office to ask if the fifth seat in the box (the one at the back) is available.  They often do not sell tickets for this seat on the website because the views can be very restricted from some of the boxes.  The seat is a sort of bar stool so that you are a little higher up than the two seats in front of you.
  • Below these are the Grand Tier Boxes, usually the most expensive seats.  The Royal Box is in this tier, so if the Queen is a Williams fan and shows up you will see her waving and taking selfies from the box at the right of the picture (you might just be able to make out the one with the crown emblem above it).
  • Below the grand tier boxes are the Loggia Boxes.  These have chairs in two rows and you are usually better off being in the front row, as your view can be obscured by the supporting pillars or people in the adjacent box if you are in the second row.  Most of the boxes are privately rented at great expense, so you will often find that seats in them become available nearer the date of the concert after it has 'sold out'.  Again, it is worth checking the website in the weeks leading up to the concert if you have been unlucky.
  • The eleven rows of seats immediately below are the Stalls.  The blocks closest to the stage can give an excellent close up view of the conductor and orchestra, but a small part of the stage can be obscured the closer you get to the stage.  Even in the front row you are higher up than the people in the arena, although the higher rows towards the back are my preference.  If you are in the back row you can be unlucky if you happen to find yourself in front of a loggia box where the occupants have been enjoying the drinks in the interval!  Blocks H, J, L and M are generally considered to have the best sound, so if a composer is having a work premiered you will more often than not find them in those sections.  The seats in the stalls swivel, so you can face the stage wherever you are sitting without having to crane your neck.  For a Victorian building, legroom is surprisingly ample too.
  • On the floor are the Arena seats, consisting of chairs in rows.  They are all on the same level so you often cannot see the members of the orchestra towards the back and are more likely to have your view blocked, especially if you are small!  However, you are of course directly in front of the orchestra and can see the whites of their eyes from the front rows.
  • I do not know if Choir seats will be available, but if they are there is an upper and lower section each side of the famous Royal Albert Hall organ (aptly named the 'Voice of Jupiter').  These are great seats if you want a good view of the maestro John Williams and also a fantastic view of your fellow audience members in the rest of the hall.  The second photo is a view from the upper choir section.

1 minute ago, CipZip said:

I do not have anything in my mailbox :(

Oh no :(, I don't understand. How do you private message? Iv been going on your profile and clicking the message button and doing it that way?

1 minute ago, GRIGA01 said:

Oh no :(, I don't understand. How do you private message? Iv been going on your profile and clicking the message button and doing it that way?

It is finally in my mailbox :)

29 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well I already had the tickets in my shopping cart and ready to go but when I tried to pay I I had to do an extra confirmation for my credit card payment through my bank account and I didn't have my bank codes with me at work. This hasn't been the norm with any of my internet purchases before. So NO TICKETS!!!!!

I was also required extra validation, but fortunately my bank does that via sms. Otherwise I might have been in the same situation.

Really upset about this, i got to the front of the queue at 9.30am and then it kicked me out. Now only way to get a ticket is pay over £200 :(. Anyone know any other good websites selling tickets or no if the RAH will sell more closer to the time?

15 minutes ago, GRIGA01 said:

Really upset about this, i got to the front of the queue at 9.30am and then it kicked me out. Now only way to get a ticket is pay over £200 :(. Anyone know any other good websites selling tickets or no if the RAH will sell more closer to the time?

There will no doubt be lots of black market tickets for this; or available tickets when people cancel. No way the 5000 people who have tickets now, will also be there on the day. All hope is not lost!

1 minute ago, Thor said:

There will no doubt be lots of black market tickets for this; or available tickets when people cancel. No way the 5000 people who have tickets now, will also be there on the day. All hope is not lost!

True but the prices are crazy. already looking at over £250 per ticket on viagogo because of extra charges etc