'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

3 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I'm one of them sad-sacks!

:D

Welcome to planet Earth. Where the dogs eat each other.

:(

I am selling my 4 extra tickets with profit - and I am not shame about that. There are memebrs that I know really well from meetings in Boston. So if I would get know that any one of them do not have his/her ticket for the show - I would be ready to sell it to him/her for original price. But since there are a lot of member, who I do not know in person, it would be nonsense to sell them for original prices and few minutes later see them on Ebay anyway :(

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

Again, I think a great number people will have to cancel, and then resell their ticket for the price they paid. Not double. Most people are not profiteers. But it requires being alert on film music forums, social media etc. to be there when that or those persons announce their cancellation, of course.

I hope so. Other than here I have no idea where to look (stubhub/viagogo are selling for more than double) but I'll try to keep my eyes open between now and then. 👍🏼

2 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Surely there will be an extra date added. He did that for Indianapolis for fook sake. I'm sure he'll do it for his first return to England in countless years. 

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they didn't plan for an extra concert the following Saturday.

But it's a false demand based entirely on people who don't "demand" the tickets snatching up the supply, and taking advantage of the consumer.

Otherwise, there are two components:  is it legal, and is it shitty?

It's legal enough.  In the US, at least, it varies from area to area.  In a lot of places, there is a cap on mark-up, and limitations on where/when/how you scalp tickets.

Scalping tickets is always shitty, though.

1 minute ago, leeallen01 said:

It's just people trying to make money off other peoples misery. They're utter trash.

For me - It depends on the point of view. As I said I am selling 4 extra tickets with profit as those corporations. The difference between me and those corporations is that Viagogo etc. are selling them for nonreasonable prices to those unlucky people .. and they are doing it with every event. I had to think about it very well and since I will have to pay 1000USD only to buy tickets for a train to London. I would use some extra money that can cover me expensive train ticket :(

Also, In a past I have sold one ticket for Morricone for original price and this ticket was lately acutioned for 3 more price.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

There is no LAW against it, and it's how capitalism works. Still, it doesn't mean that one should follow it blindly. There's one thing called solidarity, and if one -- just for a moment -- imagines oneself without a ticket, and how it would feel if people charged double prices and beyond (for a ticket that is already expensive to begin with), the choice shouldn't be so difficult.

Next time, it's you on the other side of the fence. Karma and all that.

That is how I am actually taking it. If I would not be able get the tickets I was prepared to buy tickets for higher prices. I would not even think that there will be anyone actually selling his own for original prices.

27 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they didn't plan for an extra concert the following Saturday.

There is a Carmina Burana concert planned the next day. Maybe an afternoon concert?

18 minutes ago, Caliburn said:

There is a Carmina Burana concert planned the next day. Maybe an afternoon concert?

LSO is busy during Saturday afternoon: https://lso.co.uk/whats-on/icalrepeat.detail/2018/10/27/1265/-/family-concert.html

Other venues are trying out more scalper-proof ticketing systems... I've read that Hamilton London only sells electronic tickets, limited number per person, and the one who bought it must be present for anyone in his group to get in. I'd be interested to read how that is working out - I can image there being difficulties if the buyer gets sick or something, but I guess they have procedures for edge cases...

Wow, 5 new pages for me to read since yesterday.

Sounds like some JWFanners were able to get tickets, and some were not?

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who IS going!  Don't forget to post in Stefan's thread if you want to join the big meetup!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28277-the-official-european-jwfan-meetup-thread-london-october-26-2018/

First of all, I'm deeply sorry for all the JWFans who didn't make the final rush and ended up with no ticket. I'm especially sorry for Pasi and Mikko, as I was looking forward to meet them in person. I hope you guys will manage to snag a ticket in some way!

Guys, I think this concert could end up as the biggest JW event in history. I can only imagine the excitement and joy that will be in the Hall that night (I very much hope there are plans to record/film the whole concert). And to be there with my loved one, my best friends and all of you who will be there is gonna be even more amazing.

I don't know about kidney prices these days. But an eyeball would cost about $1,500 on the black market. The last I checked anyway.

For more details I must refer you to JWFan Dark Web Pro. ;)

Karol

Very "strange" things happening at the moment. Since a few days I was seriously thinking about going to Tanglewood this summer, as there are still some tickets for the Film Night. But this would mean an 8 hour flight and about $1000 for the flight... Not quite happy about flying that long either... And then, today, I got the information about the London concert. But, unfortunately, about 2 hours too late.

Now I'm in the situation either buying expensive tickets over the Internet for London or buying expensive flight tickets to Boston...

BTW, is there any information about the May Boston concerts? When will they go on sale?

But if you are in a team it's a bit of a letdown to hunt for single tickets and then be seated randomly across the hall - or even standing. Kind of defeats the purpose, and honestly, seeing Williams perform Star Wars is really not worth the hassle. Btw, i have now bought a ticket for Azkaban two nights prior, this might be a good excuse to ship yourself to London and then wait for a miracle ticket to turn up. Even if you don't get in you might join the crowd afterwards.

Beware though: these fucking 'metropolitan' pubs close at 11!

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Seeing John Williams conduct is worth the hassle, in my opinion.

I have seen him.

4 minutes ago, crocodile said:

There are always some dodgy night clubs.

Please inquire.

1 minute ago, publicist said:

Say what you will about Poles, they will never shortchange a thirsty man. At any time.

That is true. I remember my student days and all those walks home at 5-6 am. :lol:

Karol

It is interesting to note that there were no choir seats available for purchase.  I guess this could mean one of three things:

1. there will be a choir (:))
  2. there will be a big screen for some reason (:sarcasm:)
  3. seats in the choir are not being sold until someone decides whether or not 1) or 2) are applicable (:john:)