'A Celebration of John Williams in Concert' - Royal Albert Hall, October 26, 2018 (CONDUCTED BY DIRK BROSSÉ)

Mari

4 hours ago, boscacci said:

Yes, ten days, but I'm starting wondering if my two Viagogo e-tickets will let me in the RAH.....

Yes, I made a mistake, but I was in rush and nothing I did know about that crap site...

It is too late, every thing is paid, flight and hotel: in the worst case, I'll enjoy a weekend in London, crying silently in a corner of Piccadilly Circus....

I'm guilty of StubHub; your story and fear sounds similar to mine. My ticket is from there and although I have had many opportunities to use e-tickets from trusty JWFanners I've gone with my StubHub ticket which looks legitimate! Stalls J Row 6 Seat 42 by the way... If anyone is close to me (or legitimately has this seat..... :( ) give me a shout!! Looking forward to it

5 hours ago, tmarps said:

I'm guilty of StubHub; your story and fear sounds similar to mine. My ticket is from there and although I have had many opportunities to use e-tickets from trusty JWFanners I've gone with my StubHub ticket which looks legitimate! Stalls J Row 6 Seat 42 by the way... If anyone is close to me (or legitimately has this seat..... :( ) give me a shout!! Looking forward to it

Stalls O, Row 10, Seats 158 and 159

Me, my wife and maybe four or six other people......

Arena row 21.

Royal Albert hall had some "View from Your Seat" pictures on their site and one happened to be from the 21st row:

Arena-R21,S19.jpg

On 10/16/2018 at 9:12 PM, Jay said:

So where's everyone sitting?

We're in Arena F Row 10

Stalls O. Row 6. Seat 133 and 134.

very close to the conductor spot!

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Stalker!

Yes we concert goers are such inveterate stalkers. Each hoping to get a glimpse of the Maestro himself.

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2018/an-evening-with-john-williams-in-concert/

Approximate schedule:
5:30pm Restaurants and bars open
6:30pm Boxes open
6:45pm Auditorium doors open
7:30pm An Evening with John Williams in Concert
8:15pm Interval
9:45pm Event ends

There will be one 25 minute interval.

Programme released soon!???

2 hours ago, aj_vader said:

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2018/an-evening-with-john-williams-in-concert/

Approximate schedule:
5:30pm Restaurants and bars open
6:30pm Boxes open
6:45pm Auditorium doors open
7:30pm An Evening with John Williams in Concert
8:15pm Interval
9:45pm Event ends

There will be one 25 minute interval.

Programme released soon!???

If they put up the timetable, it means they have settled the program, but the fact they didn't put it up could mean they won't announce it before the actual date. That means there could be surprises...

It's 1h50m of music, it's a packed program. Very excited to hear what he will perform.

I'll surely be listening, also will try to record the stream.

When I first saw Classic FM will broadcast this, I tried listening to it, but was blocked because my IP is not in the UK. If anyone would encounter this problem before the concert: click "I'm in the UK" or something like that which comes up, it'll ask for a postcode, google a random UK postcode and bam, it works.

Their main page also has a "Which Hogwarts house would you be in based on your musical taste" quiz. Hint?

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

When I first saw Classic FM will broadcast this, I tried listening to it, but was blocked because my IP is not in the UK. If anyone would encounter this problem before the concert: click "I'm in the UK" or something like that which comes up, it'll ask for a postcode, google a random UK postcode and bam, it works.

Good advice!

Actually, from a quick comparison, to my ears the audio quality on TuneIn sounds much better than in the webplayer that opens on ClassicFM's website:

https://tunein.com/radio/Classic-FM-1009-s8439/

There's a delay between the two so I can just barely compare the same sections, and the ClassicFM one is more compressed. The presenter woman's "z"s and "s"s are a big giveaway.

Now, I've never tried that, but something tells me it's infinitely simpler to copy and paste 5-6 letters and numbers than to set up a bloody VPN service, maybe even pay for it.

Does another computer with the same two browsers (Firefox and IE8) count? The result is exactly the same, but I don't understand why they would do that when they don't do it for normal radio broadcasts. When I listen in the UK offline, it doesn't happen.

Does anyone else feel a bit meh when they see Harry's Wondrous World on a program over Hedwig's Theme? Most programs to include Philosopher's Stone has Harry's Wondrous World over Hedwig's Theme. 

14 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

Does anyone else feel a bit meh when they see Harry's Wondrous World on a program over Hedwig's Theme? Most programs to include Philosopher's Stone has Harry's Wondrous World over Hedwig's Theme. 

Me. I don't care for Harry's Wondrous World, but I also know it's a popular piece and so I'm expecting it to feature next week. It's a concession to Potter concert music that I can live with. 

Honestly though, due to Williams being reunited with the LSO, I'm absolutely hoping for an LSO greatest hits set list that covers the brunt of the runtime. That would be me delighted. 

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm happy to hear either live, but if I could hear only one I'd probably prefer HWW

It makes use of the whole orchestra! 

Just now, hornist said:

I'm not a big fan of HWW. I love Potter music but this particular piece is litlle bit too noisy. Somerhing else, please!! 

giphy-1.gif

1 minute ago, hornist said:

I'm not a big fan of HWW. I love Potter music but this particular piece is litlle bit too noisy. Somerhing else, please!! 

It's pure fantasy smaltz.