The Official European JWFAN Pre-Concert Meetup Thread (London, October 26, 2018)

9 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Will anyone be visiting Parliament? 

Taking pictures of the Commons and Lords chambers is a bucket list item of mine.  

We went to Parliament yesterday. Well, we didn't go inside or anything, but saw the outside.

6 hours ago, Richard said:

Hey, Steef, did you know that your king and queen are over here, at the mo? Maybe they could be attending a certain concert..?

We went to Buckingham Palace to watch the parade for them. Waited an hour and it hadn't started but we saw the Queen leave in a car :lol:

Wow...I read the news today oh boy. No Johnny Williams at the RAH.

And while the news is rather sad, I'm in Switzerland and was going to miss the concert anyway. So while I hope to go when he inevitably reschedules (and for his full and speedy recovery), I feel bad for those of you who are understandably disappointed.

Piss up should be great though! No need to stay sober since William's isn't conducting.

1 minute ago, TGP said:

I'm still envious of the whole get together with or without Williams conducting.  I'm gonna call and have some shitty alcohol delivered to the table.

Why not just have the waiter pee in their drinks and be done with it!

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

Why not just have the waiter pee in their drinks and be done with it!

It's too good for them!

And while the news is rather sad, I'm in Switzerland and was going to miss the concert anyway. So while I hope to go when he inevitably reschedules (and for his full and speedy recovery), I feel bad for those of you who are inevitably disappointed.

Agreed, Nick. Because of JW's  cancellation and complicating personal circumstances I've decided to skip this one and rather hope he's fit for a reschedule in the near future. I don't think he'll let go of the chance to conduct both the VPO and the LSO unless forced to.

Piss up should be great though! No need to stay sober since William's isn't conducting.

That's actually an excellent point. I'm going to have a few more units before the concert now than I had planned.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

That's actually an excellent point. I'm going to have a few more units before the concert now than I had planned.

Try not to shout out John Williams when Dirk comes on stage if you have one too many 

On 10/24/2018 at 6:58 PM, Nick1066 said:

Just an FYI for those coming for the concert, the Tolkien exhibit at the Bodleian in Oxford is still going on, and it's excellent (and free!).  Well worth the train from London if you have the time.

I was supposed to go but alas I just don't have the time. Too many things too see here in London.

Marcy and I are going to pop into Forbidden Planet soon if anyone's interested. Well, we'll probably be there about an hour from now

Man, all y'all gettin' together is so cool.

I say sometime next year we should have a JWFan event in the States sometime,  who agrees? 

Does one usually happen around Film Night in Tanglewood or anything? 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I think this is the biggest gathering of JWFan ever!

Question is... who is who?

I can place Mikko (FR?), Jay and Marcy, Jim Ware, Stefan (obviously), Lee, and Thor. oh, and Karol behind Mikko?

I've seen the faces of the front left three and probably a few others, but I can't put a name to them.