The Official European JWFAN Pre-Concert Meetup Thread (London, October 26, 2018)

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I'll try to organize something myself, as is tradition (a cross-messageboard thing rather than for one individual board), but there will obviously be so many at this event, a separate JWFAN thing is probably a good idea. Perhaps I'll drop by, or go to this 100% if my own thing falls through. Too early to tell at this point. I'll keep you updated.

Same here. A huge portion of my film music friends is in London for some reason those days. :-) I will keep eye on this thread and see if I can squeeze it in.

There will unquestionably be many get-togethers. JWFAN has one, you guys at Streaming Soundtracks will have one. I'll try to make one merging FSM and Maintitles. Let's just not book the same place! :)

For those who got a ticket, I will be adding your names to the list later today or in the weekend. Swamped with work and other stuff right now.

Exact planning for the where and what time of the meet up will of course have to be made. It's still a long way till October. 

On a personal note I feel sad that there are a lot of people who I know either though here or other film music places who didnt get a ticket. Many who I was looking forward to meet in person, other I was looking forward to meeting again.

7 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

I got my tickets and would love to meet you people, along with some other fellow John Williams fans who are not members or regulars here (Mr. Markus Hable among them). So while I'll pass on the drinks, do count me in for some chat about John Williams :)

I added you to the list.

My mum is actually going with me. But it won't be a problem. We already spoke about. She will either join me or go to the hotel. We'll see. It's not the only thing we've got planned for this weekend anyway.

Karol

55 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Nah, it's pretty normal. She loves film music concerts.

3 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

I'm bringing my mum as well. I'm using her as a coat rack.

How old are they, and are they...like...available?

Just now, Richard said:

How old are they, and are they...like...available?

55. She's single and looks 45. 

I played her a piece from the Hobbit today and asked her who's theme it was. She guessed correctly with Thorin. 

2 hours ago, hornist said:

Yes, right after you joined.

I joined JWFan before you did, have some respect for the elderly!

Don't worry, I won't take any 55-year old away from you.

• 5 months later...

I'm bit sad my family member can't make it to London in October, as previously planned, but they are happy the ticket is in the hands of someone who will enjoy it probably even more than they would. :)

Karol

I have my ticket, and I have the plane tickets booked. But I've not yet booked accomodation, as there is a reasonable chance I can't go (due to some life-altering circumstances happening in September). But if I go, I want to meet up. I've realized I have no energy to host an event myself (I've usually done one that combines FSM, JWFAN, Maintitles etc.). So put me on maybe!

Something I’ve considered for a while is a tour of the Albert Hall on the afternoon of the concert, with a chance of seeing Williams rehearsing the concert with the LSO that afternoon. Does this interest anybody?