The Official European JWFAN Pre-Concert Meetup Thread (London, October 26, 2018)

Yes that's the place. Fingers crossed it's a decent establishment. Reviews are certainly very good.

18 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I'm still waiting for confirmation from my friends if they will join, but I don't want to hold up the whole group because of me, so feel free to proceed counting me out for the moment. If I'll receive news in timely fashion, I'll send details and money to Lee. In the worst-case scenario, I'll definitely pop up at least to say hello and grab a drink. And of course I'll be more than available to join anyone for post-concert beers.

My understanding is Stefan already has you covered? Your seat +1 is booked.

20 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I'm still waiting for confirmation from my friends if they will join, but I don't want to hold up the whole group because of me, so feel free to proceed counting me out for the moment. If I'll receive news in timely fashion, I'll send details and money to Lee. In the worst-case scenario, I'll definitely pop up at least to say hello and grab a drink. And of course I'll be more than available to join anyone for post-concert beers.

Are you attending the concert?

18 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Is @Nick1066 attending the concert?

Sadly, no. I'll be on a long planned holiday in Switzerland at the time.  I wish I could be there, mainly because I'd really like to see how everyone acts when they're drunk.

Da Mario is a great choice. I went there with a very large group once, and as I recall you can pre-order meals, so it's something you guys might consider.  Get there early.

Enjoy the meal & music!

1 minute ago, Nick1066 said:

Sadly, no. I'll be on a long planned holiday in Switzerland at the time.  I wish I could be there, mainly because I'd really like to see how everyone acts when they're drunk.

That would be after the concert rather than before, i hope.

58 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Sadly, no. I'll be on a long planned holiday in Switzerland at the time.

Too bad, ol' chap. It would have been fun to meet! But at least you could drop by Vienna on your way back home!

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Too bad, ol' chap. It would have been fun to meet! But at least you could drop by Vienna on your way back home!

Yeah, I'd love to be there! Unfortunately, for some reason my partner doesn't see the urgency in seeing Williams (or U2, who's going to be @ the O2 a couple days before and I'm also going to miss) that I do.  To be fair to her, we made these plans last year.  😂

Ugh. U2 & JW two days apart and I'm not going to be in town. Don't remind me. 😡

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Okay guys, deposits were received and we're all booked in for 5PM on the night!

Guests confirmed at Da Mario restaurant Kensington are as follows:

Publicist

Hornist

Incanus

Jim Ware +1

Obiwan71

Smeltington +1

Stefan Cosman

Richard

Townerfan +1

Fommes

Jason LeBlanc +1

Crocodile

Thor + 2

Chris Afonzo

Marian Schedenig

Quintus +1

Loert

Jurassic Shark +1

No Miguel? :( Would have loved to meet him after all these years. Guess it will just be me and Townerfan nerding out over ancient, obscure Williams.

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Yeah, I'd love to be there! Unfortunately, for some reason my partner doesn't see the urgency in seeing Williams (or U2, who's going to be @ the O2 a couple days before and I'm also going to miss) that I do.

Life can be cruel sometimes, but you cannot let a woman come between you and JW. You know what you gotta do: dump her!

:lol:

Just now, Nick1066 said:

If I blew off Switzerland to see JW it would be Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Switzerland?  Beautiful place, I hear.  Compromise has its compensations.

Just a warning. I've grown fat and old  since the last time I saw some of you -- six people on the list, from what I can gather -- and I WILL drink myself tipsy before the concert (toilet visits be damned). I'll save the 'drunk' for afterwards. This whole event is all just a bonus to me, now that I can't get an interview. I've seen Williams live twice before, and I don't think anything will beat the Boston concert in 2014 when I was sitting practically next to Williams' podium. Here's a flashback.

First the photo that describes how close I was to the stage. And then a couple more from the actual JWFAN gathering before and after -- just a warmup to next month!

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

Btw, I have plenty more pics where these came from. :)

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What a bunch of weirdos! So this is what I signed up for... are the women professional actors?

;)

You've already said 'yes'. There's no backtracking now. You will be scarred for life.