John Williams biography

fililando

good evening everyone!

I was wondering if books about John's life are already out. If not, do you know if someone is currently following the Maestro to collect his thoughts, opinions, life stories etc. etc.?

There are no pure biography books at the present time (to my knowledge). There are a few books, but they're all based on various theses and hence more analytical in nature (a lot in Spanish, for some reason). Some of the authors of these books sometimes post on these boards.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I agree. If they can bring their life experiences to work, then that's probably a good thing, but that JW likes to shoot laudanum, after work? Count me out, it's none of my business  

Is that in Emilio's book? Then I've gotta read it! :D

Well, it's always the problem of people which have a very boring life... no alcohol problem, no drug, no sex scandals... A biography... ok... about what?

Try his discography instead... that's a good start! ;)

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/

24 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Well, it's always the problem of people which have a very boring life... no alcohol problem, no drug, no sex scandals... A biography... ok... about what?

Try his discography instead... that's a good start! ;)

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/

I listen to Williams's music everyday, I can say I know it quite well! But thanks for the link. 

What I wanted to say is that I really like reading composer's biographies (or correspondence) and since Williams is for sure an interesting person it would be a pity if his way of composing, thinking and everything else related to music disappeared forever with him once he's gone. Something like Stravinsky's "Poetics of music" or "Memories and Commentaries".

6 hours ago, fililando said:

I listen to Williams's music everyday, I can say I know it quite well! But thanks for the link. 

What I wanted to say is that I really like reading composer's biographies (or correspondence) and since Williams is for sure an interesting person it would be a pity if his way of composing, thinking and everything else related to music disappeared forever with him once he's gone. Something like Stravinsky's "Poetics of music" or "Memories and Commentaries".

Hear, hear.

7 minutes ago, Bespin said:

BTW welcome to @fililando

He joined my FB group too, so I can say he's currently the cutest JWfan I know. :D

Judging from his profile picture here he doesn't have many features.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

BTW welcome to @fililando

He joined my FB group too, so I can say he's currently the cutest JWfan I know. :D

Ahah! Thank you! 

I always checked daily this forum but never officially registered. It's time to complete my profile I guess.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:54 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

Spielberg will surely make a documentary on him in due time. Scored by Alan Silvestri, with story by George Lucas. :P

Part of JW to be played by David Ogden Stiers...