Broadcasts and videos of film concerts

This is the place to post broadcasts and videos of film music concerts.

I'll start with these radio broadcasts:

The Planets and Star Wars

Gustav Holst: The Planets

John Williams: Music from Star Wars original trilogy

From a concert with the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra 15 February 2018, conducted by Krzysztof Urbański. Available everywhere until 21 August 2018.

Golden Age of Hollywood

John Williams: Music from Star Wars

David Raksin: Music from Laura
Bernard Herrmann: Music from Psycho and Citizen Kane
Erich Wolfgang Korngold: Music from Robin Hood

Jerome Moross: Music from The Big Country
Max Steiner: Music from Gone With the Wind
Franz Waxman: Music from A Place in the Sun
Scott Bradley: Music from Tom & Jerry
Miklós Rózsa: Music from Ben Hur

...and an exciting encore!

From a concert with the Oslo Philharmonics 13 October 2017, conducted by John Wilson. Available everywhere until 29 July 2018.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Richard said:

It's not in any video on this thread. I stumbled across it, some time ago, on YouTube.

This one?

On Friday 3rd August at 8 p.m. BBC Radio 2 will broadcast a concert of 1980s film music recorded for its popular and long running series Friday Night Is Music Night, which is something of a British institution.  The concert was recorded at Watford Colosseum on 5th July and I was able to attend.  If you are unable to listen to it live, it should be available on the BBC radio player for a month or so afterwards; I will post a link and a reminder nearer the time if I remember.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bclws8

I think lots of you would enjoy the selections performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra and Capital Voices.  Any concert which includes Dave Grusin's Fratelli Chase from The Goonies and the theme from On Golden Pond back to back is surely worth a listen.  As well as the score selections, there were also several very enjoyable song selections such as I Sing the Body Electric from Fame and What a Feeling! from Flashdance, sung by the likes of Laura Tebbutt and Lance Ellington.  The acoustics at Watford Colosseum are really good for recordings, so this should come across well on the radio.

5AD4A350-F116-4798-A553-547BCB228657.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening supporters of His Most Serene Highness Johnny T. Williams Jr. (1932- ).

Don't forget this concert (see above) will be broadcast on BBC Radio 2 in about 23 minutes from now.  Lick on the clink above and enjoy film music off of the 1880s 1980s.

EDIT: 22 minutes from now.