RAMBO III (2018 remastered edition by Intrada)

Brundlefly

I ordered it and it was shipped yesterday but it will probably take 1 to 2 weeks before it arrives.

Whenever an older release gets a refresh, it inspires me to dust off my old version and give it a whirl. Lovely score this, especially that Afganistan motif. Of course, the requisite Goldsmith action cues are ace too. 

I have no issues with the sound quality on the 1st Intrada, sounds perfectly fine over my car system (being playing it to and from work this week). Could do with a slight whittle though.

6 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Whenever an older release gets a refresh, it inspires me to dust off my old version and give it a whirl. Lovely score this, especially that Afganistan motif. Of course, the requisite Goldsmith action cues are ace too. 

I have no issues with the sound quality on the 1st Intrada, sounds perfectly fine over my car system (being playing it to and from work this week). Could do with a slight whittle though.

If you compare the music on the existing Intrada and the blu-ray menu, you'll hear a significant difference. The menu version sounds far more alive, three dimensional, transparent and better staged. I hope the new Intrada sounds like that.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It's a good film!

It is a bad film! But that's not as problematic as the fact that it is also a boring film!

13 hours ago, Philippe Roaché said:

It's badass like the rest of the score. It's also not percussion only.

More precisely, please.

24 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

I had a cat named Rambo.

I think we did too. We thought it was manly, until it got pregnant. We did not always get close enough to our outdoor cats to check their sex, so if the sac wasn't really big, we could be wrong. 

12 hours ago, Woj said:

I think we did too. We thought it was manly, until it got pregnant. We did not always get close enough to our outdoor cats to check their sex, so if the sac wasn't really big, we could be wrong. 

If they're outdoor cats they arent your cats!

If they stick around because they get fed, and they always try to run in the house... Ownership is really a moot point. They were getting fed and kept the vermin under control. Eventually they all left to mingle with nearby farm cats, or died. 

• 1 month later...
On 6.3.2018 at 9:35 AM, Brundlefly said:

- "Going Down" (1:52) from the 2005 version has been split up into "Going Down" (1:04) and "Find Cover" (0:51) on the 2018 version.

- "The Show Down" (1:26) and "Final Battle" (4:50) from the 2005 version have been joined to "Final Battle" (6:13) on the 2018 version.

- "Running Wild" (0:30) is a previously unreleased cue which was earlier referred to as "Insane" by the producer.

- Other differences to the previous version are the now chronological order of the cues and the new master, plus they added the Carolco Logo to the beginning.

Now, I have the new Rambo III release and what I wrote here is not entirely correct:

- "The Long Climb" (3:25) from the 2005 version has been split up into "The Long Climb" (2:58) and "Running Wild" (0:30) on the 2018 version.

- The cue which was earlier referred to as "Insane" by the producer turned out to be already included in "Night Fight" as an insert.

• 1 month later...

A significant difference between the 2018 and the 2005 is that the synth sound (which was also prominently used in Extreme Prejudice) is now audible. The "crow sound" is also strikingly louder.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, Richard said:

Humans don't "own" cats. Cats allow themselves to be fed, boarded, and, occasionally cuddled and stroked. Make no mistake: we are cats' bitches. They own us.

It was Yumi's idea for me to adopt her. She forced me! The only decision I got to make was her name.

• 11 months later...

I know few here will care, but I am thrilled that StudioCanal has released this digitally, along with Rambo: First Blood Part II.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rambo-iii/1461733807

It is available to stream and purchase at the usual places. Hopefully First Blood will follow too.

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

I know few here will care, but I am thrilled that StudioCanal has released this digitally, along with Rambo: First Blood Part II.

It is available to stream and purchase at the usual places. Hopefully First Blood will follow too.

Neat! Thanks for the tip.

• 4 years later...
On 16/5/2019 at 3:33 PM, JTWfan77 said:

Just wanted to let you know that all three of the Goldsmith Rambo albums appear to be no longer on iTunes/Apple Music. But they are still available everywhere else, so I’m not sure what happened. Weird.

23 hours ago, Tydirium said:

Just wanted to let you know that all three of the Goldsmith Rambo albums appear to be no longer on iTunes/Apple Music. But they are still available everywhere else, so I’m not sure what happened. Weird.

Yeah that happened around the same time that the Google Play Music store shuttered. Fortunately I had already picked them up but there are a number of other titles that were exclusive to GPM at least where I live that are no longer available to purchase. The bottom line is, if you want something, whether physical or digital, pick it up as soon as you are able. I can list probably at least 80 titles that sat in my digital wishlists for years that I never got around to purchasing and that are now gone for good.