The Mandalorian SHOW discussion - Spoilers Allowed for all aired episodes

Faleel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are undercutting Netflix to get people to dump and switch and then, yes, will certainly up the price in the future without question

Wonder if them hosting content they have full rights to will mean no stupid regional restrictions bar the staggered rollout. Netflix was a ghost town here when I tried the trial.

21 minutes ago, Fargo said:

$7 /month is not too bad. Though it will probably rise up to $15 or so the 2nd year. Then $25... and so on.

I think $12-13 is a likely EVENTUAL stopping point for them.  People drop Netflix and Hulu when there are one-dollar monthly raises.  Disney+ isn't going to double and then more than triple its cost and still retain customers.  In the end, once they have customers their prices will rise to match a Netflix, Hulu, or Prime.

Disney+ doesn't really compete with Hulu since Disney owns 60% of it.  They can customize each to offer completely different stuff

True, but they do need to compete with the other streaming services to stay afloat, which means that Disney+ and Hulu need to be within a dollar or two of Netflix, Prime, etc.  You go too far out from that price range, the choice between streaming services becomes very easy

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

It’ll eventually just be like having cable again. Each studio will have their own service for $10-$15 a month. Netflix is pushing it at $16 a month now, being more expensive than HBO!

Everything can be gotten for free though.

4 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Did they take it down in the last minute?

I literally just watched it...

Me too. This show would have made my 11 year old brain burst...and as someone who doesn't consider themselves a big Star Wars fan, I gotta admit, I'm actually looking forward to this show. Looks cool!

Don't think I'll do the Disney+ thing, though. When does it come out? 

I'm interested in the time it's set in. Just after ROTJ. Could be fun to see how the Empire is defeated entirely. Though I wont be paying for the Disney streaming service so... ah well.

This looks good, but I'm having trouble detaching the heroic overtones of the main saga and then coming to something that's meant to be grittier. Does anyone know what I mean?

It's kind of similar in a way to Man of Steel, of which the grittier tone clashed with what I usually associated with the character. 

That said, this show does look interesting and the cast involved all are stellar actors.

This show has a better cast than I was expecting

• Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian
  • Gina Carano as Cara Dune
  • Nick Nolte
  • Giancarlo Esposito
  • Carl Weathers as Greef Karga
  • Emily Swallow
  • Omid Abtahi as Dr. Pershing
  • Werner Herzog
  • Taika Waititi as the voice of IG-11
  • Bill Burr
  • Mark Boone Junior