What did George Lucas really do in Ireland?

Jurassic Shark

5 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Skywalker was just a slave name.  Luke Skywalker would have been as common as John Snow.  That's why Leia says "You're who"? when Luke introduces himself. Why is this common slave rescuing me?

Unless this is explained in the movies, you're just a fanboi apologist. 

Besides, if the stormtroopers were still clones at the time -- it's unclear, but replacing all stormtrooper dialog with Jango Fett's actor suggests it -- then a short stormtrooper is defective, and no stormtrooper should have an actual name. 

I think that's one of the reasons why Owen kept Luke from joining the academy, Luke's name was too recognizable, and he had a duty to protect him from the Empire and discovering his heritage.

1 minute ago, Woj said:

As a desert world, Tatooine had big skies, hence, "Skywalker". On snow planets the slaves were "Snowwalker" and on ocean worlds "Wavewalker".  On ice worlds they were "Whitewalker". 

This was all explained ROTJ by Sy Snootles. 

I preferred to think that the stormtroopers were young male humans drafted from planets conquered by the Empire, but truth be told, there were enough positions in the Imperial Army and Navy to use the bored young population that the clones would be used as the elite faceless troopers. 

Who couldn't shoot worth shit. Between Obi-wan saying Imperial stormtroopers were precise and the white lies about the Anakin, he was really a misguided old coot. 

3 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

As a desert world, Tatooine had big skies, hence, "Skywalker". On snow planets the slaves were "Snowwalker" and on ocean worlds "Wavewalker".  On ice worlds they were "Whitewalker". 

This was all explained ROTJ by Sy Snootles. 

Drugs are legal where you live, I see. 

8 minutes ago, Woj said:

Besides, if the stormtroopers were still clones at the time -- it's unclear, but replacing all stormtrooper dialog with Jango Fett's actor suggests it -- then a short stormtrooper is defective, and no stormtrooper should have an actual name. 

The stormtroopers’ voices weren’t replaced by Morrison at all.

The clones were phased out and the troopers you see in the OT are all individuals. 

12 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

The clones were phased out and the troopers you see in the OT are all individuals. 

Well then what happened to Commander Cody?

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Gandalf promised to watch over Frodo but that doesn't mean he never left the Shire.

Gandalf had an army of Dunedain watch the Shire's borders. Who did Obi-Wan have - a bunch of Jawas?

32 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

im-not.gif

8 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Gandalf had an army of Dunedain watch the Shire's borders. Who did Obi-Wan have - a bunch of Jawas?

Simple, Obi-Wan had the ghost of Qui-Gon watch over Luke while he was away.

Seriously, don't you know anything?

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Og course he does, just not everything about extremely unimportant things like these...

:P

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Og course he does, just not everything about extremely unimportant things like these...

:P

You can say that again.

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I don't have the habit of repeating myself.

Then why do all your comments here sound pretty much the same?! ;)

11 hours ago, Philippe Roaché said:

George never got it wrong with Ewan as Obi-Wan. Most people praise him as the highlight of the PT. He was excellently written, directed, choreographed and performed. He was a bold one.

I never got that.

I mean, McGregor is an actor who can work without any direction and just do his own thing; but its not like its great stuff, really. But when you're "okay" surrounded by crap acting, you seem great by comparison, I guess. If anything, the best thing in the prequels is Ian McDiarmid. That guy is on fire!

I think part of the issue for me is that, the way Anakin is behaving in Attack of the Clones, is such that it also brings the bad out of Obi Wan's character, like when he scoulds him in front of Padme. Its just awkward. And, having argued with him that they will only protect the queen without going after the attacker, he leaps out, sorry I mean, through a window to do just that.

Kenobi's "For a drink" line in AOTC is cringe worthy.

10 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

I think part of the issue for me is that, the way Anakin is behaving in Attack of the Clones, is such that it also brings the bad out of Obi Wan's character

That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't… doesn't count.

9 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Kenobi's "For a drink" line in AOTC is cringe worthy.

That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't… doesn't count.

The former I thought was actually an alright line, like he was pissed off with Anakin. The latter was something that wasn't so good.

On March 11, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Nick1066 said:

Where is this cannon?

We know Kenobi dropped Luke off at his relatives, and we know where he was 19 years later (I'm not sure where you're getting 30 years from).  Have we been told what he was doing in the interim?  Certainly he was on Tatooine for a good deal of that time, but I'm not sure it's been established that he never left the planet.

Okay 30 years was wrong. But he was there for a while in the beginning and he obviously lived there for a bit before ANH. Why would he leave, especially if he was to watch over Luke and if he wanted to stay away from the Empire.If he did leave, where would he go and why, and why would he come back? It is generally assumed that he stayed there but now I think we're second guessing that because a movie is imminent.

12 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Why would he leave, especially if he was to watch over Luke and if he wanted to stay away from the Empire.If he did leave, where would he go and why, and why would he come back? 

Why indeed. Aren't those questions the movie would answer? Isn't that sort of the whole point?

12 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

It is generally assumed that he stayed there but now I think we're second guessing that because a movie is imminent.

Well of course. We made those assumptions based on one set of movies, and now there's a new movie that may challenge those assumptions. 

12 hours ago, Philippe Roaché said:

Obi-Wan was on Tatooine so long he regenerated into an inferior version.

Well he did age an awful lot in 19 years!  Must have been those binary suns.

36 minutes ago, Fal said:

Just going to point out that the canon show Rebels has Obi-Wan on Tatooine around 1-3 years before ANH.

What, and he never left? Once?  Does the cannon show Rebels say so?

What are all those spaceships and stuff for? I was in the UK three years ago, that doesn't mean I've never left during that time.

That Obi-Wan came to Tatooine and never left a single time is a truth that depends greatly on your point of view.

If Jerry hasn't heard about the Star Wars canon you speak of, either by watching a show or reading a novel, then it probably doesn't matter. I'm never going to get into the expanded universe and all things canon. I'm never going to read about Canto Bight or Captain Phasmas biography. I'm going to watch the movies. That is the Star Wars I know so I really don't care if it's canon if it doesn't have a Williams score (or Giacchino or Powell and sometimes Kiner) I don't give a bantha fodder about it.