THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Still hoping it ends up on the Blu-Ray release for better quality... although I'm sure my hopes are futile. :(

No chance.

here's the BDinfo of the bluray:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00800.MPLS
Length: 2:31:51.602 (h:m:s.ms)
Size: 45,248,851,968 bytes
Total Bitrate: 39.73 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-4 AVC Video 30895 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1 /

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
DTS-HD Master Audio English 4629 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 4629 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio English 320 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 320 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio French 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio Spanish 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps

SUBTITLES:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Presentation Graphics English 29.296 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 24.714 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 24.156 kbps
Presentation Graphics English 67.04 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 55.156 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 56.668 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 0.242 kbps

Those other 2 English audios (besides the main one) are the commentary and a descriptive english track.

No iso score option.

There's always the future 4K release... but this will suffice for now. We have half the score in lossless, half in 192kb-ish audio. Pretty good outcome considering the score was only just released.

6 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

No, there were clips posted in this very thread of the Lightsaber cue with no sfx and in low quality

I recorded mine via my pc (directly through my sound card) and it sounds perfectly fine to me.  I for one do notice low quality bit rates.

Some pretty cool small moments in the complete score. I'm surprised the big Holdo desperation motif that plays between her and Leia was left off the OST. That to me is one of the major highlights of the score.

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

This is jumping up to be one of may favorite SW scores . the unreleased music is amazing

So roughly how much extra unreleased music is there on this MA track?

If a higher quality means SFX all over it, give me the shit! There was a time when I listened to old PotC 5.1 rips, I still know the places of all the sound effects, thankfully I grew out of it. And it's not given up yet, someone could still rip the proper file from a HDCP device.

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping because, as grateful as I am regarding the rip people have now, that’s really unlistenable in its sound quality. I wish I had the expertise to rip the 5.1 version myself

Not sure how you could rip the 5.1 channels but the rip sounds fine on my Grado GS1000i . Are you sure your listening with proper equipment? I hear all the stage noise and stuff. Did you ask the persons in this thread who say they ripped it for a copy and not just the you tube videos?

I'd say it's way  above 192 k.

If it’s the same rip that was passed around on that other unnamed site, which it seems everyone here is, that is certainly not above 192.  Probably not even above 128. If you are listening to the actually isolated score feature, then that’s probably why it sounds better. I have a very high quality pair of Bose headphones that should be fine for any stereo file. That’s not the issue

It's obviously not mastered like a proper soundtrack either, with reverb and cleaned up stage noises, etc. That might help the listening experience.

And yeah, there's still like another 40 minutes of deleted music/alternates we don't have in spite of having an isolated score from the entire film. Mindblowing when you think about how many more unreleased treasures await us in years to come...

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

re-read the thread and PM the right people.maybe the files passed around at that site is no good

Filmscoremedia/Manakin uploaded them there. Has anyone managed a high quality rip yet?

The total running time of actual music in the final film (including musically intended silences such as those in Escape) is 02:19:16 after edits, which correlates with that Variety article where Williams (I think) said there was 138 minutes of music scored for the film. This conflicted with another statement where they mentioned 184 minutes being recorded overall, so that's another mystery solved (it was referring to music included in the final cut).

Overall there's about 44 unique "tracks" of music in the final cut, although many of those tracks include multiple cues which overlap (eg. Main Title and Escape, which I've considered 1 track here due to its OST presentation, but is comprised of about 5 different cues).

Yes.  It is exclusive to both the US and the Movies Anywhere app/website.

At least for now.

23 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The total running time of actual music in the final film (including musically intended silences such as those in Escape) is 02:19:16 after edits, which correlates with that Variety article where Williams (I think) said there was 138 minutes of music scored for the film. This conflicted with another statement where they mentioned 184 minutes being recorded overall, so that's another mystery solved (it was referring to music included in the final cut).

Overall there's about 44 unique "tracks" of music in the final cut, although many of those tracks include multiple cues which overlap (eg. Main Title and Escape, which I've considered 1 track here due to its OST presentation, but is comprised of about 5 different cues).

So, even ignoring the alternates, micro-edits a deleted scenes this would be the longest score of his career, right?

Karol

23 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The total running time of actual music in the final film (including musically intended silences such as those in Escape) is 02:19:16 after edits.

Interesting!

And how much music is in there without any silences?

Probably twenty seconds less, if that. It's really just in the opening sequence, another in Finale.

I've trimmed all the gaps in the various Rey/Kylo bridging sequences, these feel more like a series of very short cues rather than one long cue with large gaps.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Also, the Long Goodbye quote is finally included here cleanly for anyone who wanted it (alongside some sound effects which have accidentally been retained in this "isolated" score during the Fathiers sequence, notably a screaming woman).

No no that’s just a reference to Rian’s second favorite Williams score

Does anyone know if the 5.1 version is available on the Amazon Fire or Roku? Also, is the 5.1 version in a higher bitrate than the computer version? If I rip the 5.1 version, it will just be converted into a stereo track in Audacity, but a higher bitrate would help anyway.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Does anyone know if the 5.1 version is available on the Amazon Fire or Roku? Also, is the 5.1 version in a higher bitrate than the computer version? If I rip the 5.1 version, it will just be converted into a stereo track in Audacity, but a higher bitrate would help anyway.

I don’t think anyone here knows. Maybe you should just go for it, if you can, because all the rips I’ve heard seem to have some substantial quality loss, so it should be easy to tell in any case if there’s an improvement. 

4 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

I don’t think anyone here knows. Maybe you should just go for it, if you can, because all the rips I’ve heard seem to have some substantial quality loss, so it should be easy to tell in any case if there’s an improvement. 

I'll see what I can do. My rip of the computer version doesn't sound that bad because I saved it as an AIFF file to avoid double compression.

If you stream it from a modern proper Roku box or Amazon Firebox/stick it should be high res Dolby Digital+ but it could depend on your internet bandwidth at the time

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

If you stream it from a modern proper Roku box or Amazon Firebox/stick it should be high res Dolby Digital+ but it could depend on your internet bandwidth at the time

Ok. Hopefully it works.

32 minutes ago, Drew said:

How the heck do you rip a streaming file? Some sort of on-the-fly recording (in which case it technically isn't ripped)?

Or am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ok. Hopefully it works.

Be sure to inform us of the successful results of your enterprise here if you can!

Just now, JTWfan77 said:

How the heck do you rip a streaming file? Some sort of on-the-fly recording (in which case it technically isn't ripped)?

Yes, you can record the stream as it plays, but I don't think anybody knows how to literally directly rip it.  It might not be possible.

2 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

I use Audacity to record my computer's audio output and then convert it into an audio file.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes, you can record the stream as it plays, but I don't think anybody knows how to literally directly rip it.  It might not be possible.

Seems to me, that might be the point.