THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

DigitalfreakNYC

Great news, someone get on it and pass it to me, please cheers thanks!  lol

In other news... I like these covers this one guy does for special editions. This is one of them.DQr1pdjW0AAaYgy.jpg

There used to be an app called TotalRecorder that was able to record the digital audio of a stream before it went to the DAC, thus retaining the audio quality of the source. That was in the Windows 98 era though, before DRM.

Edit: it still exists - http://www.totalrecorder.com/record_background.htm

Hope it's okay to link to this Jay?

It's the same as the FYC.  Per Academy regulations the disc submitted to voters must contain the exact score heard in the film, no alterations.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's the same as the FYC.  Per Academy regulations the disc submitted to voters must contain the exact score heard in the film, no alterations.

What version of Titanic did the Academy voters hear?

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

Didnt stop WB from being cheap with movies like Dunkirk

Also doesnt the FYC version miss the opening?

On 3/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, bondo said:

Has anyone compiled a chronological track-by-track breakdown of this yet, specifically the isolated score?

yeah that's what I need..not the recording session cue names

2 hours ago, bondo said:

Has anyone compiled a chronological track-by-track breakdown of this yet, specifically the isolated score?

Well, we do have Will's rough breakdown:

i need my reading glasses before typing

so the only small things that annoy me is the first few island cues are better combined on the OST and canto blight merged with master codebreaker. I think we can get that better with the FYC

23 minutes ago, King Mark said:

TOTAL UNRELEASED MUSIC :66 MINUTES ( compared to OST only)

is that the moist ever ?

No.

2 hours ago, bondo said:

I'm working on one (using the original cue titles, OST+FYC+ISO) as I make my own edit but it's probably going to take a few days, and by then I'm sure someone will have already posted something similar, and probably better.

2 minutes ago, King Mark said:

canto blight merged with master codebreaker. I think we can get that better with the FYC

Yeah... Your point is?

33 minutes ago, King Mark said:

is that the moist ever ?

Return of the Jedi (46 minutes V ~2 hours)

Also, possibly Temple of Doom? 40 minutes V ~110 minutes.

On google (I swear!), I find a link named like this: "STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI SOUNDTRACK (COMPLETE BY JOHN WILLIAMS)"

2:30:01... Is it the most complete variation of all this shit?

BTW it is amazing watching it with just the music. You can really see why they call him a master storyteller with his music. Loved it!

52 minutes ago, King Mark said:

is that the moist ever ?

No. You're thinking of Waterworld. 

I feel like I need to buy this to show support for such a product, that they would release a similar package for, I don't know, the originals? 

40 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Return of the Jedi (46 minutes V ~2 hours)

Also, possibly Temple of Doom? 40 minutes V ~110 minutes.

Return of the King - 72 min. vs 229 min. (with no alternates), but amazingly it only took 4 years.

Or are we only talking Williams now?

where's the music when Finn is captured and taken to the Hangar with the troopers?

i can't find it mabe i'm searching the wrong cue

never mind found it

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

Gee whiz, that complete cue with Kylo Ren attacking Leia's ship is phenomenal. Can't believe this was edited off the OST! Sounds prematurely dialled out too.

Also, the Long Goodbye quote is finally included here cleanly for anyone who wanted it (alongside some sound effects which have accidentally been retained in this "isolated" score during the Fathiers sequence, notably a screaming woman).

That was no accident. Lol. Technically, the woman is sing-screaming, so, therefore it is included. I assume, since it must've been recorded to not conflict with the notes in the music that it is technically considered "music" as well.

Whoever put this together must've just solo'd the music tracks, so I assume it was...technically...not an accident.

3 minutes ago, MikeH said:

Pretty sure it's just the percussion/gong.

Yeah that's what is sounds like to me. A clever compliment to the saber Fx.

I tried ripping the audio from the Fire and the Roku. The Fire was so laggy that I didn't get much good without there being pauses to buffer. The Roku did fine. What's worth noting is that I recorded the audio from a TV that is not 1080 HD, so it is possible that the devices did not stream the highest quality audio available either. I do not have the means to record with a TV that streams in higher quality because they do not have same analog audio out ports that I need to record to my computer. I am not sure if there is any difference in quality between this and the online version.

4K review: 

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-The-Last-Jedi-4K-Blu-ray/193044/#Review

Blu-ray review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-The-Last-Jedi-Blu-ray/130303/#Review

Both reviews contain this note after reviewing the audio: 

Note that the digital Movies Anywhere version (included with purchase) contains a unique isolated score version of the film that is not included on disc.

Could someone possibly explain to me why on earth you can't choose the format yourself when listening to this score? Why do you now need this device for this format and that device for that format? Is there actually a reason for this or is it just more illogical industry crap?

There should be absolutely no fucking reason a PC can't play HD video/audio other than money for the corporations who already have 100 times more than they know what to do with. At least make the HDCP license purchasable so we get to view it on our preferred device and they make even more money!

12 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

I'm sure it's got something to do with them being terrified of piracy.  And yet, they do things time and time again that actually drive some people toward the very thing they're afraid of.

You wonder why they did this... just for marketing purposes to get more people to buy the digital download?

I can imagine a meeting where Johnson wants to isolate the music, but a Disney suit won't allow it if it means the music getting out there in any format that enables physical ownership.

23 minutes ago, Holko said:

Yes, we've known that for 3 months :)

It's the Hardware Wars reference when the iron comes down.

I completely forgot about that 'joke'