Listening to the SW Trilogy Original Soundtrack Anthology (Arista, 1993)

Pellaeon

39 minutes ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

Do it!

Always on the move.

@Pellaeon I would get them, but with SW at this point, it's hard to know. Who knows. Maybe they'll release everything remastered and it will be the best option. I'm waiting. As Bespin once said when I asked a similar question, he simply said that the prequels were not yet expanded or something, followed by a "we believe" bowdown

Personnaly, since I know for the next 4th may releases, I've enacted a blockade. No (original) Star Wars music till those releases. :pfft:

5 hours ago, someonefun124 said:

It just occurred to me this set is 25 years old (or will be in November). 

Ohhh.  Get me my cane, will you?

14 hours ago, Jay said:

The Mynock Cave cue is on the OST but not the 1993 anthology. That's it. 

A major omission on the 1993 Anthology boxset.

This track was brilliantly mixed at the end of the Empire Strikes Back Main Theme on the OST.

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Is there any reason given as to why the MYNOCK CAVE cue was left off of the Anthology? 

Well, on the 1980 OST LP, the main title music segues to a portion of the Ice Planet Hoth music which segues to the Mynock Cave music.  That's track 1.

For the 1993 anthology set, they wanted to open the album with the entire Main Title -> Ice Planet Hoth music, meaning Mynock Cave had to be shuffled off to potentially be on disc 4.

When assembling disc 4, they realized they had the choice of presenting the Mynock Cave music there, OR presenting the Attacking a Star Destroyer cue for the first time, so they went with that option, to present more new material rather something that fans already had on the old CD.

10 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

My version says Jedi Master Revealed/Mynock Cave. So maybe they just left it out since my recording is mixed with another cue.

That's the 1997 2CD set.  We're talking about the 1993 anthology 4CD set here.

Okay so to recap,

The OST includes Jedi Master Revealed + Mynock Cave at the end of the Track 1

The Anthology sticks Jedi Master Revealed at the beginning of the City in the Clouds track, and leaves off Mynock Cave

The SE includes Jedi Master Revealed / Mynock Cave as a separate track

Is that it?

I should add that the SE version of Mynock Cave is longer than the OST version.

Nope that is not right.

The OST track titled "Star Wars (Main Theme)" is 1M1 Main Title segued to a part of 1M2 The Imperial Probe segued to most of 6M3 This Is Not A Cave

The OST track titled "City in the Clouds" is 6M2 Yoda’s Teaching segued to 8M2 City In The Clouds

-

The 1993 anthology track titled "Main Title / The Imperial Probe (Extended Version)" is a new edit containing 1M1 Main Title and then most of 1M2 The Imperial Probe

The 1993 anthology track titled "City in the Clouds" is once again 6M2 Yoda’s Teaching segued to 8M2 City In The Clouds (but a different edit and mix)

6M3 This Is Not A Cave does not appear anywhere on the 1993 anthology.

~

The 1997 2CD set track titled "Main Title / The Ice Planet Hoth" is 1M1 Main Title and finally for the first time anywhere all of 1M2 The Imperial Probe

The 1997 2CD set track titled "Jedi Master Revealed / Mynock Cave" is 6M2 Yoda’s Teaching and then for the first time anywhere all of 6M3 This Is Not A Cave

The 1997 2CD set track titled "Imperial Starfleet Deployed / City In The Clouds" is for the first time anywhere 7M4/8M1 Vadar’s Command and then 8M2 City In The Clouds

I'm sure I'm the only one here that can spell LeBlanc the right way.

But he's not yet Jason of Many Colours...  :pfft:

Note also that this Anthology boxset is far from being perfect... If I remember correctly, there's a track implying Yoda's Theme, I don't remember which one, where the EDIT is AWEFULL. Seriously, I don't understand what they tried there, but this track is ruined.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:05 AM, Bespin said:

Note also that this Anthology boxset is far from being perfect... If I remember correctly, there's a track implying Yoda's Theme, I don't remember which one, where the EDIT is AWEFULL. Seriously, I don't understand what they tried there, but this track is ruined.

If you find it again, let us know.

Well, I’ve been listening back and forth between the Anthology and the “Audiophile” fan edit of ESB, and, I dunno if I’m missing something, but, I way prefer the Anthology. You can hear the individual color of the instruments MUCH better on some tracks, and there’s greater dynamic range.

Yeah, I don't know what' so great about the Audiophile Edition, it sounds muffled to me, I may even prefer the SE.