Planet of the Apes (Jerry Goldsmith) Re-release?

Balahkay

This year marks the 50th anniversary.  I have the 1997 Varese and the sound quality is so-so.  I'm not sure the condition of the original elements or if a 1968 recording can be significantly improved.  What are the chances of a remaster happening either this year or whenever?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would LOVE a new edition, it is a great score and I don't think the makers of the 1997 version had all the best elements available to them

It's in my top 10 all-time favorite scores.  I actually didn't see the film in totality until 2008 and I was thoroughly impressed with the music.  I listened to Goldsmith's commentary immediately after.  The monkey-like sounds he used in various tracks always made me chuckle.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I would LOVE a new edition, it is a great score and I don't think the makers of the 1997 version had all the best elements available to them

Agreed. I've never heard a great score, with such crappy sound!

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Let's pray the Divine Bomb!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « divine bomb quote planet apes »

Absolutely! I love a big bang, every now and then :lol:

1 hour ago, someonefun124 said:

It's in my top 10 all-time favorite scores.  I actually didn't see the film in totality until 2008 and I was thoroughly impressed with the music.  I listened to Goldsmith's commentary immediately after.  The monkey-like sounds he used in various tracks always made me chuckle.

I first watched POTA as a double-bill with ESCAPE FROM THE POTA, in 1972. One hearing of the Main Title, and I was hooked. What NO ESCAPE does to me, is nobody's business.