Star Wars '77 OST program gets Deluxe 3LP edition from Disney Records on December 1

igger6

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, the 3rd disc seems only a gadget featuring a different hologram on each side, the Death Star and the SW 40th logo.

It's ridiculous like that.

So I'll classify this release as a plain, yet, new re-issue of the original 1977 double album.

I've just updated the Wiki discography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_discography#Studio_albums.

The addition will be made next week-end on my website.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's a review of the set on youtube today [EDIT... lets try a different link]

According to Techmoan 

"This video has been re-uploaded. It now contains a better demonstration of the hologram using a smartphone flashlight, a less relevant (and possibly confusing) section has been removed and most importantly... an outro has been added. "

Guess the sections he showed weren't short enough for the Content ID sistem not to strike him down after all. It was about 20 seconds of 3-4 second snippets, HE MUST SUFFER THE WRATH OF THE MOUSE!!!

Ordered this just a couple days ago and it already arrived!  I took it out of the package, but wasn’t able to open it since I had to go to work. Still, even just looking at the main box, this thing is gorgeous.  Certainly a worthy purchase so I can listen to this and leave my autographed original preserved.

I really hope they do this kind of release for at least Empire and Jedi, this shouldn’t be a one-off.  And I also hope they don’t wait until 2020 and 2023 to do them!

19 minutes ago, azahid said:

A more detailed and tantalizing review of the release.

On 12/5/2017 at 5:26 PM, Brian99_1 said:

Looks like there's a review of the set on youtube today [EDIT... lets try a different link]

According to Techmoan 

"This video has been re-uploaded. It now contains a better demonstration of the hologram using a smartphone flashlight, a less relevant (and possibly confusing) section has been removed and most importantly... an outro has been added. "

I honestly found that this never sounded as good in vinyl as now. Also, both essays are superb. I particularly enjoyed Jeff Eldridge, that focused on Williams career leading to Star Wars. Jeff Bond's essays is about the film itself, and while a great one, holds less interest to me.