Will you get the newly remastered Star Wars soundtracks?

Josh500

Will you get the newly remastered Star Wars soundtracks?   

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the newly remastered Star Wars soundtracks?

Every other choir piece in Star Wars is just ooh-aahs, except for the Sanskrit of DotF, which came after both of the discussed pieces. It's aggressively unfitting for them to suddenly start singing in English.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Seriously, this has to be the prelude to the release of the Complete Scores of all Star Wars movies.

It HAS to be! 

That's part of why I don't mind buying them again.  If these sell, I think we inevitably see complete releases later on.  I haven't bought a Star Wars OT soundtrack since 1997.  My plan is to buy SW and ESB right away, get ROTJ and the prequels later on down the road.

4 minutes ago, MrScratch said:

That's part of why I don't mind buying them again.  If these sell, I think we inevitably see complete releases later on.  I haven't bought a Star Wars OT soundtrack since 1997.  My plan is to buy SW and ESB right away, get ROTJ and the prequels later on down the road.

I'll buy all six the week it's released. :D

At least the digital collection two years ago was reasonably priced - if I remember correctly.

And now, to buy them again, two years later, for almost $US 80... ugh. I’d feel i’d willingly let myself be made a fool of. Maybe this isn’t leading up to complete releases, but it was the digital collection leading up to THIS?

I don’t know. I just don’t know. I mean, I grew up with Star Wars music, I discovered JW through it, I know every time and nuance... it has always been a HUGE deal in my life.

But I don’t know. How big of an improvement can it be? I know ya’ll will be praising the sound when it drops, but will it really make a world of difference? I doubt it. Buy it again? I don’t know. I just don’t know.

20 minutes ago, rough cut said:

At least the digital collection two years ago was reasonably priced - if I remember correctly. And now, to buy them again, two years later, for almost $US 80... ugh.

I would assume this is 2 or 3 dollars more expensive because it's a physical CD, and the other was just a digital download.

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

How big of an improvement can it be? I know ya’ll will be praising the sound when it drops, but will it really make a world of difference? I doubt it. Buy it again? I don’t know. I just don’t know.

Yeah, I wrestle with this one too. The endless repackaging of the same material is exhausting, especially since it's clear to these companies what we're really holding out for. But avoiding this purchase will be challenging after people here start reporting on the subtle improvements in sound quality. A couple weeks of that and it'll be a steely-minded JW fan indeed who doesn't start rationalizing an eventual purchase... and then Disney will have won, again.

ROTJ is the only one I would consider but the program is so condensed and I don't like the way different cues are edited together. Suddenly I feel like I've posted the exact same sentiment before...

8 hours ago, rough cut said:

At least the digital collection two years ago was reasonably priced - if I remember correctly.

And now, to buy them again, two years later, for almost $US 80... ugh. I’d feel i’d willingly let myself be made a fool of. Maybe this isn’t leading up to complete releases, but it was the digital collection leading up to THIS?

They're now dropping down to £5.50 at amazon.co.uk!

On 3/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, phbart said:

I'll make illegal downloads first. If they sound as good as I hope, then I'll definitely buy them.

Why would you buy them if you already have the tracks downloaded?

10 hours ago, artguy360 said:

ROTJ is the only one I would consider but the program is so condensed and I don't like the way different cues are edited together. Suddenly I feel like I've posted the exact same sentiment before...

ROTJ isn't like that aside from "Han Solo Returns (At the Court of Jabba the Hutt)", which features a portion of Jabba's theme at the end.

Otherwise, Jedi's OST is comprised of concert pieces and the other cues are intact.

8 hours ago, Demodex said:

Why would you buy them if you already have the tracks downloaded?

To clear my conscious... and to get the artwork cause you can't always get them with illegal downloads.

I download everything. I've bought just a couple CD's since ROTS came out. I did buy the soundtrack for TFA on CD.  I looked through the booklet a few times and now I don't even know where it is. 

4 hours ago, phbart said:

Who cares about the artwork...what the hell kind of a question is that???

It's a fair question on a forum about music, not art. 

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You don't consider music a form of art?

Are you seriously asking me this?  

Of course I do, but I thought this forum was about JW music, not JW CD art. 

Hey, sorry if I was too subtile the last time...

"CD Artwork people"??? Yes you.  Those who look for CD artworks, those who create fan-made ones... Yes YOU!

You'll create a sub-forum called "CD artworks", stick to it, and get off our backs.

THANKS.