Will you get the newly remastered Star Wars soundtracks?

Josh500

Will you get the newly remastered Star Wars soundtracks?   

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the newly remastered Star Wars soundtracks?

A skipping CD, nobody have to experience that anymore.

It's one the most terrible memory of my late teens.

26 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Me neither, but I prefer the non-computerish user interface of a CD-player offer sitting in front of a computer for a whole day at work.

Ah OK. Fair enough.

For me it's just about convenience. And I stopped caring about owning a "physical" disc, whether its a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray (and those get ripped and go on the shelf also), a long time ago.  I know some people are really into the experience of ripping off the cellophane, cracking open the case the first time, looking at the artwork and liner notes, and the whole experience of "owning" the disc and seeing it in their collection. And that's all good, I just don't care about any of that anymore. I look at the artwork and liner notes, once maybe if I'm interested, and that's it.  I got rid of a pretty sizeable CD collection a long time ago, and just kept a handful of special/collectors editions (stuff like the LOTR CR's, Star Wars disc, etc) that have value or mean something to me.

Again, I know for some people that's important, which I completely understand. But for me it's just about the music.

54 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I bought my copy in Europe and fortunately it doesn't include On the Conveyor Belt.

You must be the unluckiest SOB in Europe then. :D I have never seen a copy without OTCB in Europe (and I'm often in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, in this order).

4 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I know some people are really into the experience of ripping off the cellphone 

:D

Please don't rip off your cellphone. 

4 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You must be the unluckiest SOB in Europe then. :D I have never seen a copy without OTCB in Europe (and I'm often in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, in this order).

Jurassic Shark is known for buying bootleg/grey market stuff.  Or he probably went cheap and bought a used copy which originated in the US.

Just now, Nick1066 said:

Jurassic Shark is known for buying bootleg/grey market stuff.  Or he probably went cheap and bought a used copy which originated in the US.

Yes, that must be it.

3 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Haha, I never buy bootlegs. I bought it at a European webshop, probably amazon.co.uk.

But I do think Josh500 should check his facts. I was looking for the version with the OTCB before buying the version without, but I couldn't find it at any of the major European retailers. But after hearing the track I'm glad I didn't find it.

6 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Ah OK. Fair enough.

For me it's just about convenience. And I stopped caring about owning a "physical" disc, whether its a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray (and those get ripped and go on the shelf also), a long time ago.  I know some people are really into the experience of ripping off the cellphone, cracking open the case the first time, looking at the artwork and liner notes, and the whole experience of "owning" the disc and seeing it in their collection. And that's all good, I just don't care about any of that anymore. I look at the artwork and liner notes, once maybe if I'm interested, and that's it.  I got rid of a pretty sizeable CD collection a long time ago, and just kept a handful of special/collectors editions (stuff like the LOTR CR's, Star Wars disc, etc) that have value or mean something to me.

Again, I know for some people that's important, which I completely understand. But for me it's just about the music.

I don't collect physical CDs anymore, EXCEPT--and it's a big EXCEPT--

John Williams CDs. 

I started my collection when I was 12, and I'm still adding to it now (I'm 36 now)! How time flies when you're having fun.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Haha, I never buy bootlegs. I bought it at a European webshop, probably amazon.co.uk.

But I do think Josh500 should check his facts. I was looking for the version with the OTCB before buying the version without, but I couldn't find it at any of the major European retailers.

Why don't you check your CD? You sure there isn't a hidden 14th track on your copy? 😂 

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Just did, and thankfully the track is still not there. 

Thankfully? 

So you don't want it. OK... :blink:

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Just did, and thankfully the track is still not there. :)

Maybe you were just dreaming that you were browsing through the CDs at Target, and discovered a bunch of copies with the bonus track.

Or maybe your non-bonus track US version just ended up in Europe after it fell off the conveyor belt.

59 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It ruins the listening experience of the album.

Just like OST presentation of the 2nd disc of Intrada's Jaws is ruined by all the extras that follow.

As we don't have Target in Europe, it should come as no surprise that the Target exclusive with the additional track was initially found only in the USA. It might be the case that after a while it was redistributed elsewhere if Target didn't manage to sell it all.

It might be the case that after a while it was redistributed elsewhere if Target didn't manage to sell it all.

It sold like crazy. Practically flew off the checkout belt.

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

As we don't have Target in Europe, it should come as no surprise that the Target exclusive with the additional track was initially found only in the USA. It might be the case that after a while it was redistributed elsewhere if Target didn't manage to sell it all.

I think this was just a dumb sales gimmick exclusive to the USA. 

Like I said, in the past 16 years, in Europe and Japan, I have never even seen a single copy without OTCB. Maybe there was a small batch sold in Europe without it (the US non-Target version), but the standard edition which is sold in Europe even today, includes the bonus track.

21 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Or maybe your non-bonus track US version just ended up in Europe after it fell off the conveyor belt.

16 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

It sold like crazy. Practically flew off the checkout belt.

Oh, belt up!

22 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

:lol2:

13 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I think this was just a dumb sales gimmick exclusive to the USA. 

Like I said, in the past 16 years, in Europe and Japan, I have never even seen a single copy without OTCB. Maybe there was a small batch sold in Europe without it (the US non-Target version), but the standard edition which is sold in Europe even today, includes the bonus track.

Here's the one I've got, and it clearly says Europe.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Williams-Star-Wars-Episode-II-Attack-Of-The-Clones/release/1842957

But I'm not disputing that you might have gotten the Target exclusive version all over Europe as a free toy together with your McDonald's meal.

:P

Here's the one I've got, and it clearly says Europe.

https://www.discogs.com/John-Williams-Star-Wars-Episode-II-Attack-Of-The-Clones/release/1842957

But I'm not disputing that you might have gotten the Target exclusive version all over Europe as a free toy together with your McDonald's meal.

:P

Again, methinks the dumb sales gimmick are exclusive to the US!

McDonald's, Target, get outta here without your corrupt giant US corporations! :D

5 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Again, methinks the dumb sales gimmick are exclusive to the US!

Yeah, who cares about facts anyway?

There's only one force which can give a definitive answer to whether the extra-track version of AOTC was exclusive to Target or not... The @Bespin.

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

There's only one force which can give a definitive answer to whether the extra-track version of AOTC was exclusive to Target or not... The @Bespin.

Didn't you read what I wrote? 

Who said it was exclusive to Target? It wasn't. But it was likely a very small batch in Europe and the rest of the world, because the standard version outside the US is the one including OTCB.

I read what you wrote, but reading isn't necessarily believing. It was said earlier in this thread that it was exclusive to Target.

Why would you say it was a very small batch when you claim it was the standard all over Europe?

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

It was said earlier in this thread that it was exclusive to Target.

"... in the US."

You forgot to read that part! 😂 

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

OK, but my point is that the version without the extra track was also manufactured for and sold in Europe, as my Discogs link shows.

No one is going to believe you until you post pics.

It's pretty obvious you're trying to fool us all into thinking about have some ultra-rare AOTC CD in the hopes that it will somehow improve your status on the board.

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

:D

I have never seen a copy WITH that bonus track.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Josh is under the impression that only the version with the bonus track was issued in Europe. But Europe is more than Slough...

You sound like a Target apologist and sympathiser. 😂😂😂

Ah well maybe I’ll get some of them. RotJ, probably, to see what a “real” Lapti Nek and Ewok Celebration+Finale sound like. I wonder if SW will have the Main Title segue into the Finale (?) as on the OST (?).

[goes and gets copy of AOTC off shelves ... it's the same one JS linked to above, without the OTCB track ... sigh, there's always something]

8 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

Dudes, no love for the Yub Nub? The righteous bass line?

Oh, the actual Yub Nub part is great, I have more of a problem with out-of-nowhere English lyrics (and horrible ones at that) in a Star Wars score, sung in such an irritating and cheesy way that Airplane already parodied it 3 years before it came out :P Also, it lacks any sort of gravitas or catharsis that would indicate it's the final, closing piece that it's supposed to be. The last few notes of Victory Celebration have this feeling of closure to them, they're satisfying musically, while "Ceelebraaate the looooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE" just climbs higher in pitch.

4 hours ago, Holko said:

Oh, the actual Yub Nub part is great, I have more of a problem with out-of-nowhere English lyrics (and horrible ones at that) in a Star Wars score, sung in such an irritating and cheesy way that Airplane already parodied it 3 years before it came out :P Also, it lacks any sort of gravitas or catharsis that would indicate it's the final, closing piece that it's supposed to be. The last few notes of Victory Celebration have this feeling of closure to them, they're satisfying musically, while "Ceelebraaate the looooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE" just climbs higher in pitch.

Ah, I see. Well, that’s kind of the point, isn’t it? Old Hollywood, grand and uncynical? I dunno, I find it satisfying and congruous with the rest of the Trilogy. Victory Celebration sounds distinctly dated to the 90s. Peruvian pan flutes? :D

17 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

(...) Victory Celebration sounds distinctly dated to the 90s. Peruvian pan flutes? :D

Mercy, don't talk about what will become unimportant simple "bonus" track in an hypothetical future expansions...

If Disney releases them, I think there's a chance they'd push the current canonical ending cue to be in the main soundtrack presentation, and the old replaced one to be the bonus.

44 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

Victory Celebration sounds distinctly dated to the 90s. Peruvian pan flutes? :D

At least he was ahead of his time then.

5 hours ago, Holko said:

Oh, the actual Yub Nub part is great, I have more of a problem with out-of-nowhere English lyrics

Yeah, unlike the dialogue, which is in... English?!? :eh: