RESTORED ISOLATED SCORE: The Indiana Jones Films (Unused Music Restored To Picture)

Faleel

14 hours ago, Holko said:

Great work, but reminded me again how much these scores need the Matessino treatment.

Indeed. Most verily I say!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is an attempt to place the mockup of the second Room In Flames insert against the picture:

7m2 Insert #2

The sheet music for TLC included an insert for Room In Flames:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V53Xq_21d-AC2JpRWvuPDCGVyph1b4Wc

• 2 years later...
On 1/31/2019 at 4:19 PM, Falco said:

1m4/2m1 Escape from the Train (Indy's Very First Adventure)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eLmR09zDToqEpnFaNLsxSTZDflO4A1s0

This the original version of the music for the lion beat.

Indy arriving back at home seems to have been messed with:

I think originally the warm Indy theme statement covered the Mailbox reveal, In the final film it covers Indy entering the house and the shot of the dog. (The bootleg cues out there don't include the repeated bit of the young Indy motif used in the film, so I don't think it was microedited out of the CD, also when I played it through without editing footage, the grail theme didn't sync up to shot of the illuminated book.)

@Jay I think this must be the ‘Young Indy Insert’, with ‘Young Indy Sweetener’ being the revised start of the lion scene.

Fascinating!  I completely forgot the Young Indy theme was doubled in length in the film compared to the as-recorded version. I can't tell from listening to the music in the film on youtube if its a looping done by the music editors, or a true insert recorded later to extend it.  Maybe someone else can analyze a rip of the rear channels closely

Regardless, the spotting in this clip makes soooo much more sense than the final cut does; quoting the main Indy theme for "Jones" on the mailbox makes so much more sense than still playing the Young Indy theme during that shot and only hearing the main theme when he's inside

Damn watching this again I am falling in love with the score to the whole opening sequence; The Cross of Coronado theme, Panama Hat theme, and Young Indy theme are all sooooo gooooood

That moment that ends this clip where the hat gets put on Young Indy's head as he looks down cut to Harrison Ford looking up is pure Spileberg/Williams magic

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Brando said:

For the film mix of "Indy Rides The Statue", is the first portion tracked from "The Idol Temple" or is it looped from "Statue"?

Its taken from 8m3 Fix 2

I think that alternate was in the prototype Concord version of Raiders which leaked before the box set was released (with the changed/watered down tracklist).

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

I think that alternate was in the prototype Concord version of Raiders which leaked before the box set was released (with the changed/watered down tracklist).

Nah, that was the original version.

8m3 = proto Concord cue

8m3 Fix = Indy Rides the Statue

8m3 Fix 2 = other bootleg cue

On 3/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, crumbs said:

So it's only leaked in a bootleg? 

Yes

More precise info:

• 8M3 Escaping The Pit
    • not on the OST
    • not on the DCC
    • appeared on boots (common title: "The Mummy Cave")
    • finally appeared in good quality on Concord prototype CD as "Indy Rides The Statue"
  • 8M3 Fix
    • not on the OST
    • not on the DCC
    • appeared on boots (common title: "Through The Wall")
    • finally released in good quality on the Concord set as "Indy Rides The Statue"
  • Unknown title (we call it 8M3 Fix 2 but that's only because we don't know what it's actual name is; I've also seen it called "8M3 Fix Insert")
    • not on the OST
    • not on the DCC
    • appeared on boots (common title: "Through The Wall (Alternate)")
    • not on the Concord
    • It's just the orchestra playing the melody from "The Idol Temple"/8m3 Fix over and over again for a minute

• 2 years later...

Can we do Crystal Skull now? I want to see the waterfall scene with the the score restored. The music for that scene, specifically, is really good.