JTWfan77

Anyone here succumbed to Ultra HD Blu-ray?

Do you own or plan to acquire a UHD Blu-ray capable home cinema system?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own or plan to acquire a UHD Blu-ray capable home cinema system?

• Yes, I do
    • No, 1080p Blu-ray is good enough.
    • No, I'll miss my 3D Blu-ray too much.
    • No, I've only got 720p capability and it looks mighty fine.
    • No, DVD rulez!
    • No, I'm still rocking a Laserdisc player!
    • No, VHS will return (just look at vinyl)!
    • What's UHD Blu-ray?

So I hear a lot about the imminent end of physical media and all that. You know, it's not necessarily the stop to physical releases that scares me. It's more the threat that new players will stop being manufactured at all. These devices have a limited lifespan and often die without warning, so if at some point in the future, my multi-region player gives up, or my SACD capable universal player dies, or my 4K blu-ray player croaks... but companies have completely stopped producing them, I'll be in for a problem.

And no, subscribing to a raft of different streaming services isn't what I call a replacement, unless speed/bandwidth issues can be solved (in this country, that's a big ask), and these streaming services expand their libraries to include more films and TV shows and leave them on there permanently, I just can't accept it as a proper alternative.

I like how the Burton films have a different cover style than the Schumacher movies. It feels tailor-made for the fans who will just pick up the original two.

Batman and Returns should look great in UHD though. Those black levels...

36 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Awful art.

Yes, they've been stuck on this phoney font and deformed bat logos since the SE DVDs. Anton Furst must be rolling in his grave, the poor fuck. The original theatrical poster covers from the pre-2005 home video releases are perfect. The image of The Joker is the same one from Kenner's Dark Knight Collection Joker figures.

8c4ebb72-dbca-11e5-8ea6-7e4b403732c7.jpg

Consequently, this action figure's outfit seems to be the basis for the Joaquin Phoenix Joker.