The "On the Conveyor Belt" appreciation thread

Josh500

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Between this piece, Jango's Escape, and Zam the Assassin, Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones boasts some impressive and unforgettable standalone action pieces! 

Absolutely.

Just ignore Jurassic Shark. Just because he crappy antiquated audio equipment can't even read bonus songs doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy them.

16 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

It sounds like fucking Star Wars circus music (in a good way)

Yes, it express the chaos, the zaniness, the circus-y feeling of the whole chase very well!

Why was it a "bonus track". My CD (the blue one, with Yoda) said "secret hidden bonus track". First of all, a CD is a finite length, so how can OTC be "hidden"? Second how can a track be "secret", if it's advertised on the front of a f***ing CD?!

17 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I only have the instrumental version.

Ah. So you don't have the Region 5 Russian edition then.

Pity.

9 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Why don't we just make a thread for every cue in AOTC, eh?

Why don't you to it then? Why do you need to know why we don't? 

It's a cool cue.  The full thing is better but they did a good job at cutting it down for the Target exclusive release.

Edit: I agree with you Josh that it was a shame it was so butchered up in the film.  I think we can blame Ben Burtt for that one.

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Why is it just a bonus track? I find it more interesting than Jango's Escape and Bounty Hunter's Pursuit.

Personally, I find Jango's Escape just as good as On the Conveyor Belt. 

These are JW at the height of his powers.

5 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

It's a great bonus song!

If there is one JW piece which can be classified as "bonus" this is certainly it.

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

Sorry, I don't care about it.

Can't say I'm surprised...

I find the entire piece Jango's Escape awesome, but there's one brief moment that blows my mind....

And that's 2:16 - 2:25. Listen carefully what the French horns are doing. Wow. I mean, just wow.

Just now, The Illustrious Jerry said:

So John agrees this thread is useless. The only other one I've made recently that may be classified as useless is the Star Wars quote one. I suppose John has no appreciation for Baroque and Russian classical music, because aside from that there hasn't been much else. If you hate the Jerry thread I suggest you talk to mstrox, who also has a thread just the same. And then there's Bespin who makes really odd threads every now and then. I don't know what you want from me John,but if you are gonna argue make it something you can really back up. Besides, if you had a problem with my "useless" threads you shouldn't have contributed to them.

Dear God. You're just a useless spammer, aren't you? If I could block you, I would. Do you have anything to contribute to this thread?

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Really, Josh, you must learn to govern your emotions. They will be your undoing.

Some people post here not to discuss music and movies (or other topics), but just to unburden their own deep-seated psychological problems onto others, it seems. Whatever. It's just annoying and tiring as hell.

7 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Some people post here not to discuss music and movies (or other topics), but just to unburden their own deep-seated psychological problems onto others, it seems. Whatever. It's just annoying and tiring as hell.

Actually you can block people on here. You have to do it through the settings on your profile and add it manually to "blocked users".

4 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I agree. There's one particular poster who does just that, and tbh, it used to bother me, but not anymore.

If that's what they want to do, then let them do it. They'll either burn themselves out, or realise that this is JWfan, and not FREEPSYCHIATRICADVICEfan, and go back to being interesting.

3 minutes ago, Trent B said:

Actually you can block people on here. You have to do it through the settings on y our profile and add it manually to "blocked users".

Oh, really? Thanks, good to know.

6 minutes ago, Trent B said:

Actually you can block people on here. You have to do it through the settings on y our profile and add it manually to "blocked users".

Hey, Trent! Long time! How's the missus?

I tried to do this. I even pm'd a moderator to ask how to do it, but my i-phone won't let me, for some reason. Fucking Apple.

I've tried to block myself, but, apparently, that's not possible :lol:

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I agree. There's one particular poster who does just that, and tbh, it used to bother me, but not anymore.

If that's what they want to do, then let them do it. They'll either burn themselves out, or realise that this is JWfan, and not FREEPSYCHIATRICADVICEfan, and go back to being interesting.

Exactly. Well said!

Just now, Richard said:

Hey, Trent! Long time! How's the missus?

I tried to do this. I even pm'd a moderator to ask how to do it, but my i-phone won't let me do it, for some reason. Fucking Apple.

Hey man. Life is good and she is fine thanks for asking.

I don't know if a phone allows you do to it.  You can do it through a normal web browser on a computer.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:27 PM, Josh500 said:

As he allows the topic to drift into away into a conversation about blocking members. 

Indeed.

Conveyor Belt's a solid track. The pulse-pounding ending is a big highlight and it was featured prominently in marketing for the movie. I didn't know about the bonus track, so I ended up with two copies. I believe the original is in the possession of @Nick Parker.

Those creepy-crawly-squirmy textures for the Geonosians are interesting. The whole piece feels like it could be an extended segment of Chase Through Coruscant the way it churns away with stings of action here and there. Although I would have preferred a more interesting bonus track - perhaps the duel between Obi-wan/Dooku/Yoda...

17 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Dear God. You're just a useless spammer, aren't you? If I could block you, I would. Do you have anything to contribute to this thread?

This. Luckily, he just seems to be one of those seasonal types that join whenever a new Star Wars movie comes out, so if I had to guess, he'll be inactive in a few months. Hopefully.

17 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

So John agrees this thread is useless.

I never said that...?

17 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

The only other one I've made recently that may be classified as useless is the Star Wars quote one. I suppose John has no appreciation for Baroque and Russian classical music, because aside from that there hasn't been much else. If you hate the Jerry thread I suggest you talk to mstrox, who also has a thread just the same. And then there's Bespin who makes really odd threads every now and then. I don't know what you want from me John,but if you are gonna argue make it something you can really back up. Besides, if you had a problem with my "useless" threads you shouldn't have contributed to them.

Just stop. Don't try to defend your pointless threads by pointing out longtime members that have created similar topics. Those members have been here much longer than you, and actually contribute to this community. I can't tell if you're a fool dedicated to his opinion and generic wallpaper posts, or merely a troll trying to get a reaction, but please, try harder to be more of a contributing member of this place and less like someone who spends his day playing video games over doing his homework, I beg you. Many other people here feel the same about members like you as I do. You have been here only 2 months, so quit acting like you own this site and thinking that anything goes.

Well @John, he has 137 "likes," so some seem to be fine with his presence here.

I must say there is more color in this this thread than there has been recently here on the forum.

Perhaps it's the piece, which I rather like.  Very unique, energetic, colorful, in a word.