What's New?

Justin

This is the post where you can say what new scores you get and what you think of them. :(

I...er...well I haven't gotten anything by Williams this month (There's a surprise :roll: ) I did get....

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Score by Hans Zimmer, Songs by Bryan Adams) this month. It's really good I like the songs and the score is incredible. :(

Justin -Who will get Minority Report this month and will report back to this thread the moment he gets Raiders. (Hopefully this week. :( )

:jump: Spirit (Zimmer)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A Passage to India - Mourice Jarre

2.5/5 Average to nice score, definately no match for temple of doom, which it lost in the oscars against. Another shameful mis-awarding by the academy.

Blade Runner - Vangelis

2/5 OK, but a little too much synth ;)

Brainstorm - James Horner

3.5/5 Very good score, similar in style to other stuff by Horner in that peroid like Star Trek 2, but it is definately inferia to it. This score is not great though and not exactly a must have. But is definately worth having.

Ghost - Mourice Jarre

4/5 The rating of 4 is more for the theme by my 2nd fav composer Alex North, unchained melody which was turned into the famious pop song by the same name. If I was to rate Jarre's work i'd give it a 2.5, it's nice but nothing special.

LA Confidential - Jerry Goldsmith

3/5 Pretty good score. Has some great action music but average under score which brings the mark down. Makes me glad that we have Goldsmith still around with us, after all these sub-3/5 scores :) I hope he stays much longer.

Lost in Space - Bruce Broughton

3.5/5 Pretty good score! Very nice. A lovily mix of Goldsmith and Williams.

Searching for Bobby Fischer - James Horner

2/5 mostly :thumbup: But has the first useage of the main titles of A Beautiful Mind :) and some other good stuff

Torn Curtain - Bernard Herrmann

3.5/5 A very good score. Probably the weakist of his Hitchcock scores, but then they are all of high standard :)

Winter Olympics XIX Opening Ceremony (2002) - John Williams and Various (bootleg) Well, you all heard it when you saw the olympics :music:

I got Howard Shore's Mrs. Doubtfire score. It's very nice. Basically a light, fun score with a few slighty more moving parts. Not quite the same as LOTR though. :thumbup:

Ray Barnsbury

Blade Runner, two out of five?????

Yep, Vangelis, not my favourite composer :thumbup:

Hmm, well the film is great, the score is well... OK I mean, I kinda like it, but not that much 8O

Jill Scott live, oops, that's not a score is it.....

No scores this month.... yet