Jurassic World: Dominion (Colin Trevorrow 2022)

John

6 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I’m still amazed that Jurassic World was very recently the highest grossing film of all time.

In terms of domestic box office, it was right up there but I don't think it dethroned Avatar or Titanic.  Force Awakens was the first one to do that a short while later.

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It’s a smart move guaranteed to increase the box office performance compared to Fallen Kingdom. I’m still amazed that Jurassic World was very recently the highest grossing film of all time. Nostalgia is power!

Not exactly. When Jurassic World came out of the theaters, it was the third biggest movie of all time on worldwide and US box office (unadjusted), behind Avatar and Titanic. Since 2015, it has been surpassed by the last two Avengers and a Star Wars WW and these movies plus Black Panther on US. So yeah, it was big (very big), but not the highest grossing film of all time.

Curiosity: here in Brazil JW is the movie of its franchise that sold more tickets, but still had a smaller audience than Thor: Ragnarok, both of Tom Holland's Spidey movies, Logan, Captain Marvel and pretty much every DCEU film except for Man of Steel and Shazam. But don't blame us, we had much less movie screens in 1993 than today!

6 hours ago, Richard said:

True, but sometimes they can make the narrative more...palatable.

Even if Jurassic Park ////// (or whatever it's gonna be called) is going to be trash, the presence of Neill, Dern, and Goldblum makes it worth seeing.

I may be the only person with no desire to see Laura Dern in anything. She was absolutely atrocious in Jurassic Park ///.

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Yeah I must have been thinking of some other record it broke. Biggest opening weekend of all time?

Yes. On the US, it took over the record from The Avengers, and overseas/worldwide it surpassed Deathly Hallows Part 2 - although JW had the advantaged of including China on its worldwide opening weekend, while the last HP didn't premiered there until August of 2011.

31 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

How the hell is Incredibles2 so strong?

It's the highest grossing animated film of all time!  Even the recent Lion King remake grossed less than Incredibles 2 (in North America)

14 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I may be the only person with no desire to see Laura Dern in anything. She was absolutely atrocious in Jurassic Park ///.

You're confusing her with Tea Leoni, she was atrocious in JP3.

Dern didn't have much to do in JP3 other than a cameo appearance.

Laura Dern is great.  The recent Dernaissance of Mindy Project, The Founder, Big Little Lies, Last Man On Earth, Kimmy Schmidt, Twin Peaks, Downsizing, Last Jedi, she was good in all of them!

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Laura Dern is great.  The recent Dernaissance of Mindy Project, The Founder, Big Little Lies, Last Man On Earth, Kimmy Schmidt, Twin Peaks, Downsizing, Last Jedi, she was good in all of them!

She is. She wouldn't settle for a cameo role in JW3, she told Trevorrow (I think it was last year) if this film is the last one, Ellie has to be involved.

On 4/15/2016 at 2:01 PM, Thekthithm said:

Trevorrow Never Dies.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:12 PM, Thekthithm said:

Trevorrow Never Dies.

1 minute ago, Thekthithm said:

Trevorrow Never Dies

Why do you like saying this so much?

• 1 month later...

It was always a no-brainer bringing them back, everyone has wanted to see the core 3 together again since TLW dumped Alan and Ellie.

I question how involved they'll be in the plot considering Pratt and Dallas Howard really are the leads. I guess it'll be TFA style with Grant probably in the Ford role.

I liked those side characters in the second one!

I think it would be harder to work "previous control room guys" into the story of the third than "friends/coworkers of the heroes," but honestly I'd be surprised if Trevorrow didn't bring Johnson back for this one in the end.

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2019 at 4:59 PM, mstrox said:

But honestly I'd be surprised if Trevorrow didn't bring Johnson back for this one in the end.

You called it!

The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) twitteó: Jake Johnson and Omar Sy are to reprise their roles from #JurassicWorld for the latest installment of the franchise https://t.co/gXkuCBdYbd https://twitter.com/THR/status/1228093024368054274?s=20

On 9/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, Disco Stu said:

Who remembers throwaway jokes they posted on the forum from 2 and 3 years ago????  Am I supposed to be keeping up with all this???

I can't even remember what I ate yesterday.

9 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

We now have threads commenting on some fucking character's hair?!

Sure beats commenting on 20 seconds of Giacchino music for another superhero movie that’ll be forgotten 20 seconds after its release.

Chris Pratt Says JURASSIC WORLD 3 Will Be The AVENGERS: ENDGAME Of JURASSIC PARK Movies

You may have forgotten, what with all the other big franchise shenanigans going on these days, that a third Jurassic World movie is headed our way, with Colin Trevorrow returning to write/direct and a whole slew of Jurassic franchise all-stars slated to return, including Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Chris Pratt. That's fine, these things happen.

If you did forget, however, a recent interview between Pratt and Ellen Degeneres offers a sobering reminder. Asked whether or not this will serve as the end to Universal's long-running dino franchise, Pratt says (as quoted by The Playlist):

“This feels like it. I’m not allowed to say anything…It’s got everybody. It’s got pretty much everybody in it. Maybe I just blew it, but I don’t care. I know all the cast from the original Jurassic Park is coming back. It’s going to feel very much like how Endgame brought everything together for Marvel.”

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/02/20/chris-pratt-says-jurassic-world-3-will-be-the-avengers-endgame-of-jurassic