Anything you want fixed in an hypothetical DVD/BD boxset of Episodes VII-VIII-IX?

Bespin

Personnaly, I've taken the decision not to buy the BD of TLJ now, and I will not buy the BD of Episode IX neither.

I will instead wait for a boxset reuniting the 3 movies from the new trilogy...

Hoping they will fix these three things in it:

- Chewie not hugging Leia when he come back to the Resistance base (TFA)

- The "Thing" that looks like Yoda (TLJ)

- Put the scene where Chewie try to eat a Porg in the Deleted Scenes where it belongs (TLJ). 

In 2018, you can shoot what you want. I just want to see Chewie hugging someone who looks like Leia from the back. 2 seconds shot, it even can be in the background, I don't care. Or Erase Chewie in the shot when they pass beside one each other without even care.

I really hope this mistake prevent JJ Abrams to sleep at night. :pfft:

Isolated scores for all 3 in the best quality the Bluray format can allow.

Tons of in-depth bonus features. No real need for 20-30 hours like with The Appendices, but a 1.5 hour documentary, 3 10-minute featurettes and some deleted scenes is pitiful to waste a whole second Bluray disc on in 2018.

If you're expecting the movies themselves to be altered in any way, you should look into some video editing tutorials to do scene removals for yourself, because Disney/Lucasfilm is not going to do it.

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hux killing Kylo Ren

Kylo Ren killing Rey

Rey killing Chewie

Chewie killing porg younglings

Porg younglings killing Yoda

Yoda killing me softly with his song

And in that order!

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Personnaly, I've taken the decision not to buy the BD of TLJ now, and I will not buy the BD of Episode IX neither.

I will instead wait for a boxset reuniting the 3 movies from the new trilogy..

My thoughts exactly. 

When 9 comes out, how long do you think it will take for a trilogy boxset? Because they would release it individually first right? Or would they just throw it all out at once for people to buy. Personally as a major SW fan and someone who is content with anything up to Episode 9 at this point (after that I might not even bother) I have had a hard time not going out and buying these DVD releases. TFA was easy because I basically had it on rent until TLJ came out but now I want TLJ. I'll hang in there though, knowing that in a few years I can get it all for a better price. The latest DVD for SW I got is Rogue One and thats just cause it was individual. I will watch Solo, but I think the only reason I would buy that when it comes out is just to have a complete collection of SW before it really loses its sanity (which is not to say Solo won't push it over the edge).

4 hours ago, Bespin said:

- Chewie not hugging Leia when he come back to the Resistance base (TFA)

- The "Thing" that looks like Yoda (TLJ)

- Put the scene where Chewie try to eat a Porg in the Deleted Scenes where it belongs (TLJ). 

Sounds like a fair list, actually.

I concur.

Rathtar burps when it eats that one guy

Wacky song and dance number in Maz's castle

A shot of Snoke saying "get me to my ship" in the middle of the opening space battle in TLJ, just so you know how he gets to his throne room for the scene a few minutes later

49 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Rathtar burps when it eats that one guy

Wacky song and dance number in Maz's castle

A shot of Snoke saying "get me to my ship" in the middle of the opening space battle in TLJ, just so you know how he gets to his throne room for the scene a few minutes later

Yes, these are all must haves.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Why couldn't he have already been there? With the Vader scene, as stupid and needless as it was, we DID see him being on Cloud City then "suddenly" on his SSD.

I would like all three in a Blu-ray boxset with 4K resolution. No revisions to the films themselves; I personally don't want another "OT special edition" fiasco with this new trilogy. They are just fine the way they are. Fan edits exist for a reason.

I highly doubt Disney will make any further changes to the films or rescind any changes.  The 2011 versions are probably going to be the final versions here on out.  They just don't seem to have any interest in releasing the unaltered films regardless of the demand.  Maybe out of respect for Lucas?

36 minutes ago, Holko said:

Why couldn't he have already been there? With the Vader scene, as stupid and needless as it was, we DID see him being on Cloud City then "suddenly" on his SSD.

I was more making fun of the ESB change than anything else.  If you see somebody at one place in a movie, and then somewhere else fifteen minutes later, it's pretty safe to assume they traveled to get there.

I wouldn't actually want any changes.

10 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I was more making fun of the ESB change than anything else.  

I wouldn't actually want any changes.

Course, I got that, the analogy just wasn't really right, you don't see Snoke anywhere else than his Throne Room.

Vader said, "Bring my shuttle" before we see him again on the SSD.  So... you just put two and two together. 

Even if the change was necessary, it shouldn't have been done simply because it ruins the flow of the music. :nod:

Not after they changed it to "did you deactivate the hyperdrive on the Falcon?" I guess Georgie REALLY didn't like "Bring my shuttle" and rather ruined a whole scene for it.

Don't get me wrong, anybody, I HATE that change.

21 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Fix the opening crawl music for TLJ to be from the TLJ recordings and not from TFA. 

Ok you are Rian Johnson, right?

On 4/2/2018 at 8:39 PM, John said:

I personally don't want another "OT special edition" fiasco with this new trilogy. They are just fine the way they are.

I don’t necessarily mind tweaked versions of films (Alien, for instance). It can be a good means of getting over hurdles that one couldn’t overcome within the limited time frame of the original editing process; create or strengthen continuity, once you have the perspective of the entire series in place already; etc...

Just do it tastefully, and make your tweaked version optional rather than using it to supplant the original cut of the film.

15 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

make your tweaked version optional rather than using it to supplant the original cut of the film.

This 100%.

Nobody would give a shit about how unwatchable the SW blurays are if high quality transfers of the unaltered versions were available to select on the disc with seamless chapter branching (which would have required the bluray to use a new properly colored transfer as a source instead of reusing the already botched 2004 one, but still).

31 minutes ago, Holko said:

This 100%.

Nobody would give a shit about how unwatchable the SW blurays are if high quality transfers of the unaltered versions were available to select on the disc with seamless chapter branching (which would have required the bluray to use a new properly colored transfer as a source instead of reusing the already botched 2004 one, but still).

Not only that, the SEs have been reframed in many shots. It's too hard and complicated to do seamless branching on these movies. They need a whole disc to themselves.