The "(Fill in the Blank) Has Died" Thread

John

It appears that the great Logan's Run schism took place in this thread, in early 2012.

Alex and Ricard are obviously at odds about Logan's Run.  At one point, Ricard mentions that he cleaned up the thread and that it should go back on topic.  What did the posts say? Was the disagreement just about LIKING Logan's Run, or was there some insult or language that led to the ban?  Nobody knows!  The content was lost to time!

In THIS thread, Alex mentions being back, and Lee mentions a 12 hour ban.  Ricard jokes that Alex is okay, as long as he doesn't mention Logan's Run.

I tend to believe that Ricard literally banned Alex for 12 hours just because he didn't like Logan's Run.  That's very funny.

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

What the fuck!

Reported to the Moderating Team!

Oh, in Norwegian it means peace and prosper!

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'm not just a pretty face

Yeah, don't forget the nipple!

She also had a little turn in one of my favourite if not favourite radio comedies, the Navy Lark as 'The Mistress' (Jon Pertwee did a dastardly turn as The Master alongside CPO Pertwee et al). Sad loss. Of the Carry On gang there's perhaps a couple, Leslie Philips, Jim Dale, left. 

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Ah, yes. H.M.S. Troutbridge.

"Port. Er...starboard. Oh. Er. Left hand down a bit".

Jon Pertwee as The Master? Now there's a twist.

It was a delightfully camp character. The head of this top secret criminal organisation that stalked Troutbridge in later years (Pertwee's tenure of Dr Who was probably the same time -Navy Lark lasted so long he started and finished Dr Who whilst still doing the radio show). 

Pertwee's best was Admiral Burwasher. All much missed. 

On 12/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, mstrox said:

Was the disagreement just about LIKING Logan's Run, or was there some insult or language that led to the ban?  

It was obviously the latter, and I'm surprised that Alex didn't remember that. Unless he's joking, of course.

8 minutes ago, W0$ said:

Brother of Albert Brooks. Wonder why he changed his name. 

Because Albert Brooks did not want to be named Albert Einstein!

I never watched Curb Your Enthusiasm, so I knew him mainly as Super Dave!!, or from his brief appearances in Arrested Development.

It's been too long with no mention of this wonderful man, but rest in peace W. (William) Morgan Sheppard, 86:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2019/01/william-morgan-sheppard-dies-star-trek-actor-1202531214/amp/

I'm most fond of him as Governor Isaac Trimble in the movie Gettysburg and as Captain Bridger's holographic mentor on the first season of seaQuest DSV, but he also had small but memorable roles in Star Trek TNG, Voyager, Star Trek VI, Star Trek 2009, and one episode of Doctor Who as the future version of a character played by his real son Mark Sheppard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Andy Vajna, executive producer of First Blood, Total Recall and producer of Nixon among others, founder of our National Film Fund, who had half our media in his pockets and became a living meme, just passed at 74.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just learned that Dick Miller is no longer among the living. He was Joe Dante's good luck charm, appearing in either minor roles or joke cameos in every single one of his films. Which includes this of course, and will likely be particularly remembered for such.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

So...no-one's going to mention Albert Finney?

That guy who I always got confused with Pete Postlewhaite? 

Rest in peace, Daddy Warbucks.