John Williams to receive John Williams Award ;-)

Dzadza

19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Couldn't have happened to a better John Williams, IMO.

All they say is that they will give him an award "bearing his name"... they are still in time to troll him in an epic way!

"One of the most iconic"?! WTF are they talking about?!

Firstly, you can't say "one of the most". You either are the most, or you are not. 

Secondly, and frankly, apart from Morricone, who can challenge him?

Thirdly, he's the second greatest film composer who ever lived, and the greatest is dead, so, of course he's going to get the award.

I know how you feel; it’s too bad that in the interest of being PC or “unbiased”, people will often neuter statements containing self-evident truths. JW being the most important living film composer is the closest thing to a “water is wet”-level of indisputability as we’ll ever see on this topic—so why not just say it??

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

But then we rule out all future John Williamses.

What part of "all time" don't you understand! OUR John Williams is better than them. How do we know? We just know!!!!

I guess you have finally officially made it when they give you an award that bears your name and can be only awarded to you in honour of you.

At least there is no chance of Williams losing this award to the next new hip film music trend composer.

So congratulations Maestro! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Goodness he really is darting all across the country (and, soon, the world) these days.  Pretty impressive for his age.

He really should get a private plane so he can visit Europe more often, and he could call it Air Force John.

Let's get Johnny a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  Leonard Bernstein, Bill Conti, Jerry Goldsmith, Maurice Jarre, Hank Mancini, Ennio Morricone, Alfred Newman, Randy Newman, Lalo Schifrin, Max Steiner, Igor Stravinsky, Hans Zimmer all have one but no, not our 51 time oscar nominated/5 time winner! 

5 hours ago, Bespin said:

I really Hope to win the 2nd JW prize  for my discographies.  :sarcasm:

You are shameless!