STAR WARS Custom Covers thread

Holko

On 10/16/2018 at 11:48 PM, Drew said:

Not custom covers, but here are my scans of two of the Star Wars Gerhardt albums because Album Art Exchange keeps deleting them for some reason. These are currently the only good scans for their albums on the entire internet.

Thanks so much for those, it is truly impossible to find them in decent resolution.

You don't perhaps have quality scans of the older non-DS RCA Red Seal CD releases?

18 hours ago, Qui-GON29 said:

I must have 4 cover options for each score right now, I can't decide which one to use, honestly. 

Story of my life.... :)

On October 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM, rough cut said:

K like the black/yellow one for Solo!

I'm working on more generic font-only covers for Solo, trying different color combinations. I may consider doing a complete saga set now that I'm getting more use to my editing program, but drawing all my covers is too time-consuming. I'm glad people liked them though. :)

Also to @heidl and @JTWfan77 what font style do you use for Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and the Music Composed By... on your Star Wars covers?

12 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Also to @heidl and @JTWfan77 what font style do you use for Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and the Music Composed By... on your Star Wars covers?

I think if I remember correctly (been a while) it's boring old vanilla Arial on mine.

1 minute ago, JTWfan77 said:

I think if I remember correctly (been a while) it's boring old vanilla Arial on mine.

Thanks. I've been waiting experimenting with plenty of stuff except this.

13 hours ago, Hurwitz Fan said:

@JTWfan77, @heidl and @The Illustrious Jerry I love your artwork (both digital and drawn)! Thanks so much for sharing. You are talented!

Thanks for the compliment. I don't think mine are as good as some here and on FSM, I'm not trained or anything. I find it quite therapeutic fiddling around with cover art, it amazes me how I can spend hours tweaking a cover until I'm happy with it. Wish I had the time nowadays, since starting a new job in February I hardly get time to even switch on my PC anymore. But at least it puts soundtracks in the CD player.

On 10/31/2018 at 12:58 PM, JTWfan77 said:

Thanks so much for those, it is truly impossible to find them in decent resolution.

You don't perhaps have quality scans of the older non-DS RCA Red Seal CD releases?

Thanks.

I don't know what those are. Can you explain? If you mean the other NPO CDs, then no, the Star Wars ones are the only ones that I have.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Thanks.

I don't know what those are. Can you explain? If you mean the other NPO CDs, then no, the Star Wars ones are the only ones that I have.

There are two releases of the NPO CD's, the re-releases (de)mastered with Dolby Digital, and the original releases IIRC.

15 hours ago, Drew said:

Thanks.

I mean the original CD releases of SW/CE3K and ROTJ by Gerhardt. Here is a bad pic of the LP release of the former:

https://www.discogs.com/release/3207792-Music-From-John-Williams-Close-Encounters-Of-The-Third-Kind-Star-Wars/images

I own the Red Seal ROTJ CD but was never able to track down the CD of Red Seal SW/CE3K. The LP was my first ever John Williams related album, purchased for me by my mom when I was a mere 5 years old (!)

The Red Seal CD must be super rare, I think I've only ever seen it for sale once briefly on eBay and more recently on moviemusic.com. It's one of my top grails. I do own the later Dolby Surround re-issues of both though.

2 hours ago, Ricard said:

BRILLIANT! 👏👏👏👏👏

Oh, you're too kind! :)

I was really just looking for a simplistic design (often very effective) for a custom cover. When I finally saw the film the object that stood out to me was the light board. I just figured it would be a really good idea. Turns out it was better than expected.

If you have any requests or recommendations for more Spielberg/Williams score or others please let me know and I'll see what I can do! :)

21 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Could anyone clean this so I can make a struzanesque poster-cover matching all the others adding the titles template i have?

http://paulshipperstudio.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi/

swtljdolby.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the post with work from @heidl, @Faleel J.M., @JTWfan77, @Obi, and myself.

I have yet to add the starship set and my own handmade covers. Other than that, this is the JW Fan Star Wars Custom Cover Collection!

Thanks @Steve McQueen and Obi.

9 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

I was wondering if anyone has or could make a custom cover for the Jedi Rocks and Lapti Nek singles?

I'll see what I can do. I'm sure some more experienced folk will also give it a shot.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

@tintacle do you post on HQ covers? 

Do you comment?

I don’t think you can post images, but @heidl once gracefully dedicated a section with my covers, the ones above actually :)

Yeah, that's why I had asked. I recognized those McQuarrie ones. I visit there regularly, but I do not comment. 

I do, however, praise heidl and co. for their amazing work.

• 3 weeks later...