Story Predictions for Star Wars Episode IX

Jurassic Shark

I predict that Kylo Ren will start wearing his grandfather's helmet, after he destroyed his own in TLJ, and the title will be Star Wars: Darth Vader Reincarnated.

Oh, and Rey is the daughter of Leia and Lando Calrissian.

18 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Funny, I was just making eggs, and as I put down the spatula, I stared out the kitchen window, felt the breeze in my hair, the sun on my face, looked at the birds, listened to their Spring song, and thought to myself, "what JWFan really needs right now is a another Star Wars thread."  

Thank you. No, really, thank YOU.

And still you comment here. You're welcome. ;)

Rey and Kylo will both be killed by a random event ten minutes into the movie and the remainder of the running time will consist of Artoo and Threepio beeping and bickering at each other.

The main theme will therefore segue into a Basket-Game-style light humour action piece, followed by the most tear-jerking, yearning loss cue in decades. After that, JW will resort to electronic plinky-plonk and/or BRAAAM just out of spite. The end credits will feature the two droids back in the desert, playing a Yubnub-esque primitive percussion piece on the bleached skulls of all the major characters from the preceding movies in counterpoint to the force-ghost of Yoda singing "Seagulls Stop It Now".

For my money, Rey comes to study some of the Jedi texts and learns that the struggle with the Dark Side is, by definition, infinite. Only by the end of the film, in a climactic duel with Kylo, does she come to realize and, more importantly, accept that the only way to create true balance is to cut off the Galaxy from The Force, doing away with both the light and The Dark Side, much to Ren's dismay. A place for a great callback, too: "it is time to let old things die."

It probably won't be anywhere near what Abrams will actually come up with, but its what he should do.

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

I predict that it with end with:

DOLBY                 SDDS                      DTS

in selected theaters

...and "soundtrack available on LP and cassette".

2 hours ago, John said:

JJ will open the film with Rey holding the lightsaber out to Luke and simply pretend TLJ didn't happen.

It was all Finn's dream. He'll wake up yet again.

Karol

Back to the serious-

The Resistance will gather some more forces overtime, remaining extremely low key. Most will act as spies and undercover guys that heckle the First Order, who is in tumult thanks to the self-centered Kylo Ren who can't make any good decisions. The spies are revealed and killed by Ren. Then the Resistance comes out and battles the entire F.O, with Rey using her new skills to wipe out most of them. With the armies distracted, she then confronts Kylo Ren, where the two conflict like after Snoke's death. From there the balance is restored by Kylo Ren controlling the dark and Rey controlling the light, both equally. The Force is balanced. BOOM!

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

No, let's stay with the silly:

STAR WARS EPISODE IX: THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO (ALTHOUGH FUCK KNOWS HOW THEY'RE GOING TO DO IT)

Cloning? Or maybe it turns out that Han has an identical twin brother?

No doubt at least one main character will die (aside from Leia who will probably die between films).  My guess is Kylo for sure.  Disney wouldn't have the guts to kill off Rey.

1 minute ago, someonefun124 said:

No doubt at least one main character will die (aside from Leia who will probably die between films).  My guess is Kylo for sure.  Disney wouldn't have the guts to kill off Rey.

Rey will redeem Kylo, but it will cost her her life.

1 minute ago, kaseykockroach said:

There will be a new character named Sharkino Woman.

She is part shark, part rhino, part woman, all attitude. 

And she will somehow also be Rey, just for you!

1 minute ago, Richard said:

No, @The Illustrious Jerry, he's the god of balance. Know your Rush, dude! :)

Just messing with ya! I know my birds though :P!

3 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

And there will be a love dodecagon between them, Finn, Poe, Rose, Chewie, the porg, Kylo Ren, Hux, etc. etc. until the episode ends off with one big affair.

Include Captain Phasma in that, and I'd buy that for a dollar! :)

SPOILERS: the following is a leaked description of the opening scene of Star Wars: Episode IX. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler

PAN DOWN from VAST STARFIELD to the oceanic planet of NABOO.

INT. NABOO JUNGLE - DAWN

An odd, frog-like creature is napping against a mossy boulder. A low rumbling awakens him from his slumber. He groggily stands up, mumbling to himself, and stretches his lanky limbs.

JAR JAR: Oyi, what a cwazy dweam! Meesa shoulda laid off dose boom-shrooms befoh hitting de sack. Meesa nevah doin dat agang!

The distant rumbling echoes throughout the jungle. JAR JAR squints his bulbous eyes as he spots TWO ROBED FIGURES sprinting through the undergrowth of the jungle. They are headed in his direction.

JAR JAR: Ooey mooey! Who's dat?

Out of the corner of his eye, JAR JAR spots a LARGE CLAM lying on the ground near his feet. Ignoring the approaching strangers and the steadily loudening rumble, he stoops down and retrieves the mollusk.

JAR JAR: Ooo! Bwakefast!

FADE TO BLACK.