John Powell's How To Train Your Dragon (3): The Hidden World

Faleel

12 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I wonder if it was always his plan to have it up for a limited time, or if he was asked to take it down 

Good question. It would be pretty weird for someone of his stature to put something out there without confirming with higher-ups first. But who knows. 

EDIT: I found someone's reupload!

Quality is terrible (not sure if the original was any better), but it still sounds GREAT!!

3 hours ago, Will said:

Good question. It would be pretty weird for someone of his stature to put something out there without confirming with higher-ups first. But who knows. 

EDIT: I found someone's reupload!

Quality is terrible (not sure if the original was any better), but it still sounds GREAT!!

It was always Mono.

4 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

If there's any score(s) where Powell has coined his sound and style, it's been the How to Train Your Dragon soundtracks. Awesome.

Powell’s style was evident from very early on in his career. 

7 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Powell’s style was evident from very early on in his career. 

Definitely.

That heroic theme from Evolution is soooo Dragon-ish.  Or maybe HTTYD is soooo Evolutionish? ;) 

3 hours ago, Falafel said:

It was always Mono.

Over at Facebook and YouTube it was a stereo mix. It sounded beautiful! YouTube definitely had the best quality. If anyone got a copy of that I urge you to post it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So..

The movie's in theatres now in Australia, and will be released next week in my home country Indonesia.

For those who live in down under, what do you think about the score?

They said it's surprisingly good :)

@Arpy

Woww, cant wait!!

Im not that big of a fan of the series. The first one is one of the best animation movie, but the second one is kinda "forced"(?), and to make matters worse: the tv series.

But the score on the other hand..

What do you think about the score, compared to the previous two? is it superior?

Are the New themes strong and memorable enough?

January 9 cant come soon enough

I was a bit surprised to see this thread title because the film is already out in Australia! Certainly not early March!

I'm a big fan of Powell's work on the first two films so I might check this out just to hear the score (the films are great too!)

Don't suppose there's an imminent soundtrack release coming up, regardless of the staggered film rollout?

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Any idea why this film opened in Australia sooner than everywhere else?

Probably deals the studios make when selling films internationally.

Moreso the Dec/Jan school holidays factor, methinks. You'll make much more money releasing children's movies at this time of year in Australia as families look to escape the summer heat in air-conditioned cinemas.

Certainly more sensible than releasing late Feb/March when everyone's back at school/work (and you can't wait until the Easter holidays as the film will probably be 'available' by then via VOD services).

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Moreso the school holidays factor, methinks. You'll make much more money releasing children's movies at this time of year in Australia as families look to escape the summer heat in air-conditioned cinemas. Certainly more sensible than releasing late Feb/early March when everyone's back at school/work (and you can't wait until Easter holidays as the film will probably be 'available' due to VOD releases).

I forgot Australia has the fucked up seasons.  How do you live with yourselves?? 

On a similar note, I'm glad they're releasing this in the early months of the year again.  The first HTTYD was an early year winter treat but the second one had forsaken it with a release date right in the middle of awful Summer.

I don't know why the thread title says March 3rd.  The film opens in the US on Friday, February 22nd.

Wow, track titles have me hyped! :woop:

Too bad we have to wait almost a month, though. At least they're releasing it before the movie on Feb. 22. That would have really been too long a wait.