John Powell's How To Train Your Dragon (3): The Hidden World

Faleel

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

I only just noticed the poster with a female toothless.

How original. Is there nothing better these writers can come up with than a love interest?

The last two films have been brilliant, hopefully, with this being the last, they'll round the story off with the same style and care they've shown, so I'll reserve judgement on the female toothless aspect until I've seen the film.

Toothless was supposed to be the last Night Fury, so I gess they'll restart the breed, and Hiccup will have to learn he won't be able to rely on him flying in to save him or go off flying to escape chief duties any second he desires.

^^

You beat me ! haha

Wowww, a bit too early?

The music sounds great and promising as usual, and judging by the lighthearted festive nature of it, a theme for Light Fury perhaps? ( that little variation of the Test Flight theme )

Well im glad the NDA this time is a bit more free-ing.

Cant wait for more!

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

In that "piano roll" format it sounds like it should be accompanying an old silent adventure movie starring Douglas Fairbanks

Heh true. Would be quite apt.

3 hours ago, PrayodiBA said:

The music sounds great and promising as usual, and judging by the lighthearted festive nature of it, a theme for Light Fury perhaps?

Interesting, I don't hear it as lighthearted. To me it has more of an imposing character. I am imagining trumpets for the high chords and heavy bass at the bottom, but also a lot of tambourine-style percussion to emphasise the triple meter.

In any case, it's definitely Powell! :)

On 10/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, PrayodiBA said:

Now, the orchestra mock up of that last week's tease:

Wow, I actually predicted the tambourine correctly...

Sounds so good, though. Will sound a bazillion times better with a studio orchestra.😍

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh that sounds marvellous. Powell just goes from strength to strength.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't work with Spielberg soon, because Spielberg was surely impressed with the score for Solo (although once Williams finishes SW IX, I guess he won't have any excuses to not score Spielberg's films!)

Yeah, oddly none of the trailers for these movies ever look that great, but the movies themselves are always practically animated masterpieces. So, since I wasn't a fan of this film's trailers either, it's probably going to be the best one. ;)

9 hours ago, scallenger said:

Yeah, oddly none of the trailers for these movies ever look that great, but the movies themselves are always practically animated masterpieces. So, since I wasn't a fan of this film's trailers either, it's probably going to be the best one. ;)

I saw the first one by accident.  But the trailers for the second had me super excited.  (Even if they were stupendously spoiler-y.)

I admit, this one has me excited just because it's a Dragons movie.  

21 hours ago, scallenger said:

Yeah, oddly none of the trailers for these movies ever look that great, but the movies themselves are always practically animated masterpieces.

Well, the first one's good. I can't honestly say that this one looks like my kind of movie, but both of the existing scores are among my all time favorites, so I'll definitely check out the album if nothing else.

I have a sickening feeling this one's gonna be the best of them all, though I imagine such optimism and high expectations will elicit only rolling eyes around here.

Still, Solo is one of those cases where I had high expectations and they were somehow surpassed!

Just now, kaseykockroach said:

I have a sickening feeling this one's gonna be the best of them all, though I imagine such optimism and high expectations will elicit only rolling eyes around here.

Still, Solo is one of those cases where I had high expectations and they were somehow surpassed!

21fac797c60ceb192c7ff466732ea0bd.gif