A new anime-style 'Star Wars' series is coming...

John

Looks incredibly cheap and nasty. I'd have thought this is a Telltale games series rather than an official series.

This is not anime style, this is an even further step back from Rebels just so they can get away with simple 1-tone textures. You may say the facial and walking animations are just parts of the style, but that style was specifically developed to make animation cheap and quick. Even the setting - if it's all on an endless ocean, they just have to throw some blue in the background and don't have to bother with landscapes casting different dynamic shadows or winds moving foliage.

Nah, it looks cheap and rushed. 

Looks even more kid orientated than Rebels. 

Thank God there’s more Clone Wars coming! 

Anyone else notice that that trailer has more than twice as many dislikes than likes?

I’m beginning to realize that nothing will ever please this fandom.

This... thing certainly won't. The finally properly finished Clone Wars probably will. Aside from Poe and BB8, there isn't even anything in the trailer reminiscent of the feel and design of Star Wars - Rebels at least paid a ton of homage to McQuarrie.

14 minutes ago, Holko said:

This... thing certainly won't. The finally properly finished Clone Wars probably will.

Just wait. The majority of fans will eat it up, but there’s definitely going to be those people who cry “Disney has ruined Clone Wars! The old show was more dark and epic! Kiddy trash!”

Aren’t all cartoons kiddie trash by definition?

Except South Park, of course.

I won’t watch it, but I for one am glad someone’s thinking of the children. My children won’t be allowed to watch it, but, I’m sure it’s fine for other people’s children.

3 hours ago, John said:

Anyone else notice that that trailer has more than twice as many dislikes than likes?

I’m beginning to realize that nothing will ever please this fandom.

Oh please tell me you're not one of those tedious people who excuse bad, lazy or sloppy art as simply the rantings of toxic fandom.

18 hours ago, John said:

Just wait. The majority of fans will eat it up, but there’s definitely going to be those people who cry “Disney has ruined Clone Wars! The old show was more dark and epic! Kiddy trash!”

I don’t think they’re creating any new Clone Wars. They’re just finishing off what was never finished.

Some episodes are even going to be ones which were already shared in rough storyboard-esquely animated, but voiced form.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:52 PM, Disco Stu said:

HOT TAKE: I have no opinion

But how can people agree with you if you don't have an opinion!?

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

1 hour ago, Holko said:

Some episodes are even going to be ones which were already shared in rough storyboard-esquely animated, but voiced form.

Yup, looks like the Bad Batch arc is among them 

6 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

But how can people agree with you if you don't have an opinion!?

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Indeed. I have made the choice to not pay attention and not have an opinion on this particular children’s series

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Indeed. I have made the choice to not pay attention and not have an opinion on this particular children’s series

What makes a man go...neutral....

The art style for this looks like an evolution of shows that I've seen as a kiddo, so I'm used to it. I thought that Rebels cartoon looked turn-offingly ugly, Ralph McQuarrie "inspiration" be damned, so it's not a downgrade in my eyes.

Haven't really cared about any of these computer animated Star Wars shows, so I'll blissfully live my life ignorant of this one's merits or lack thereof.

I have no strong feelings on the animation style.  The preview animation is better than what I feared it would be (some Pokémon-level BS).  I'll give it a chance like I did with Clone Wars and Rebels, both of which had some really clunky models and some really good stuff too.  The story is more important to me than the medium anyway.

I will not be watching this. 

I'm just barely going through Rebels. Clone Wars was the epitome of Star Wars television. I'm afraid there's not much more can be done.

Clone Wars > Rebels > (tentative, possibly, guessing, TBD, most likely, predicting, projected) Resistance

This show looks pretty dumb. I will not be giving it my time. I'm surprised I'm even doing Rebels, which is a step down from The Clone Wars. Just hope for good things from the reboot!

Just now, mstrox said:

Jerry my man, I like you, but how could you possibly place a value judgment on a show that hasn't aired yet?

This is all tentative mstrox. Trailers should be able to get viewers or not get viewers. This one does not show much promise and while I do say I won't watch it (I will, it's me) I don't have high hopes. Besides, I really like The Clone Wars and I'm caught up in Rebels right now.

I agree with mstrox. We've only seen one trailer. Wait until the show is actually out before you go making assumptions as to whether it's worth watching.

32 minutes ago, John said:

I agree with mstrox. We've only seen one trailer. Wait until the show is actually out before you go making assumptions as to whether it's worth watching.

Yeah I guess. I'm typically quick to judge these things. 

if that's the main character I'm already pretty turned off. things are seeming pretty damn one dimensional and oh joy, another whiny teenager/young adult. its also barely recognisable as Star Wars which to the credit of Rebels did not have that problem.

I have very low expectations for this, but we'll see when it comes out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 1:37 PM, Pellaeon said:

Aren’t all cartoons kiddie trash by definition?

Except South Park, of course.

I won’t watch it, but I for one am glad someone’s thinking of the children. My children won’t be allowed to watch it, but, I’m sure it’s fine for other people’s children.