R.I.P. Arthur B. Rubinstein

Ricard

I only started exploring Rubinstein's work a year ago. He only did a few major films, but he definitely left an impression on the movies of his that I've seen. He actually colloborated with John Badham on several films, nine in total. War Games and Blue Thunder are great, but i quite enjoyed his music from The Stakeout films, but could never them anywhere, outside of a hard to find composer promo thing he did. Thankfully somebody did upload a suite from the score, six days ago. RIP!!!

Ho no :( ...

I'm working with Marc Papeghin (the french horn crazy player here) on a recording of Blue Thunder actually,

we were planing to send it to Mr Rubinstein once completed :(.

i'm a "fan" since the 80's..

s... so sad :(... bye Arthur :( ...  thank you for all the music !

only just seen this, sad to hear. A huge fan of his Blue Thunder since I saw the movie as a kid. Sanity Check, Adios JAFO and River Chase/Hide & Seek top tracks. 

Seemed a largely unheard off score by and large, at least I never saw much written about it but it's so welded to the movie. 

8.29 to about the 9 minute mark: "Come on you tub of s--!"

RIP.

12 hours ago, Omen II said:

I loved his theme music for Scarecrow and Mrs. King, even though the only recording of it I ever had was on a cassette performed by the Powerpack Orchestra.  I think you can guess how bad it was, but the quality of Rubinstein's music shone through nonetheless.

That one and Bring 'Em Back Alive were Mr. Rubinstein's two best TV themes from the '80s: