Joseph Trapanese to score DiCaprio-produced Robin Hood

I'll watch the film for the score and for Ben Mendelsohn's portrayal of the Sheriff of Nottingham!

Any thoughts? I find Trapanese to be an interesting composer, and I think the score to Tron: Legacy wouldn't be as good as it is without Trapanese's major contributions. It's about time that he get's an opportunity like this to showcase himself.

Is Hollywood aware there are more than 10 stories in the world to reboot every 3 years? Or (god forbid) NEW ideas to make movies out of?

Trapanese is great. Also really like his EARTH TO ECHO. It's bound to be better than the Streitenfeld version, at least, which only had that one good theme.

I don't care for it, except for the theme. But I like some of Streitenfeld's other film scores. He got and still gets too much flack, I think.

Good for Joe! We were at Manhattan School of Music together, he was an undergrad while I was doing my Master's there. The nicest, sweetest person imaginable. I think he was set on becoming a film composer even back then. I remember him writing a thesis piece that was sort of an hómmage to Hollywood. 

Even though he's made a name for himself doing lots of crossover projects, I guess he's one of the relatively few Hollywood composers of his generation (at least to my knowledge) with a degree in composition. 

Jowhonow?

5 hours ago, Holko said:

Is Hollywood aware there are more than 10 stories in the world to reboot every 3 years? Or (god forbid) NEW ideas to make movies out of?

I wonder if they said the same back in 1938.