'Return of the Jedi at 35: how it gave us the greatest 52 seconds in the Star Wars saga' (iNews article)

Ricard

The third Star Wars film to hit cinemas might be best remembered these days for Ewoks, Jabba the Hutt, and Admiral Ackbar exclaiming: ‘It’s a trap!’ But it’s the showdown between father and son near the movie’s climax that is Jedi’s finest achievement – specifically a stirring 52 seconds of action that combines visceral fight choreography, genuine poignancy, and a majestic crescendo of orchestral music. 

https://inews.co.uk/culture/film/return-of-the-jedi-greatest-star-wars-moment/

I agree with the article. For all of ROTJ's flaws, the entirety of the throne room sequence is one of the definitive highlights of the OT, and on par with anything from Star Wars or The Empire Strikes Back.

I disagree with the inews article.  The greatest moment was the final redemption of Vader minutes later when the ultimate villain threw the emperor whom he respected and feared to his death in order to save his son and therefore ending his life. 

The greatest moment is EITHER

when Jabba says “kawa woookie”

OR

when Salacious Crumb goes “ohhhh hahahaha”

Runner-up:  when bounty hunter Leia goes “yah-toe yah-toe yah-tay”

47 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Cool fact, but until the sheet music leaked I never knew there was a full organ doubling the strings in the chorale. Sure, it's felt more than heard, but it adds so much to the austere, religioso character of the music.

All those octave couplings in the strings along with the organ makes such a monolithic, incantatory sound.  I agree that this scene is probably Star Wars' finest, and it's thanks to Williams more than anyone else.

41 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The greatest moment is EITHER

when Jabba says “kawa woookie”

OR

when Salacious Crumb goes “ohhhh hahahaha”

Runner-up:  when bounty hunter Leia goes “yah-toe yah-toe yah-tay”

What about...

*Clank*

*Mechanical buzz*

"KITCHYJAYDENKOOKA"

giphy.gif