Two Upcoming Williams Music Concerts In Dublin

Damien F

I've just discovered two concerts of Williams music in Dublin which may be of interest for those living near this part of the world:

A Night of John Williams Music (in Tribute to Nicole Fischer)

20-05-2018 20:00

Conducted by David Brophy

No idea who Nicole Fischer was so I Googled her and she was a member of the orchestra who died suddenly recently. Not sure how it related to JW. Maybe she was a fan. Anyway, I saw David Brophy conducting film music a few years ago. He is clearly a big movie and score fan and had a lot of little anecdotes about the various films during the concert. I presume it will be the same this time

https://www.nch.ie/Online/RTECO-a-Tribute-to-Nicole-Fischer-20May18

Superman: A John Williams Celebration

22-06-2018 19:30

Conducted by Richard Kaufman

Having just seen Kaufman in Chicago, I didn't expect to be seeing in Dublin so soon. 

https://www.nch.ie/Online/RTENSO-John-Williams-22Jun18

Set lists are in both links. I'll be attending both. Looking forward to hearing The Lost World in the first concert.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first concert this evening. David Brophy is a conductor who really gets the best out of the orchestra when it comes to film music. I noticed a few iffy notes from the brass section during Jaws and Jurassic Park, but overall the orchestra performance was powerful and exciting. The Lost World in particular was thrilling, especially the thunderous percussion. It was my first time seeing that being performed live and I'm delighted that the orchestra absolutely knocked it out of the park. 

So the second concert is titled Superman, but they'll play music from many different John Williams scores, not just Superman. So the implication with that title is that John Williams, himself, IS Superman??

Nice to finally have that acknowledged.