Sign in to follow this  
Orgasm[+]Donor.

the best blade runner edition?

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

The best edition is the movie.

Indeed. If there was ever a score that works best heard with the film, it's Blade Runner (actually that applies to the sequel as well).

2 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

lmThe score for Blade Runner 2049 doesn't work well inside or outside of the movie. The first film's score is a masterpiece

The first film’s score works remarkably well within the context of the film. Indeed, it’s iconic.

But I don’t find it to be an incredibly satisfactory listening experience on its own.

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

But I don’t find it to be an incredibly satisfactory listening experience on its own.

True, the music is so interwoven with the images that it's almost a crime to listen to the score on its own.

How does the 25th anniversary boxset compare to other BR score releases, and which release is the most complete? It's the only version of the score I'm familiar with.

It's way more complete than the original soundtrack that was released in the early '90s. I suppose there are bootlegs that contain every note of the score but they usually disappoint in sound quality because it's a mix of official released stuff and bootleg stuff.