RIP Margot Kidder

Disco Stu

Just came out that Margot Kidder has passed away.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/margot-kidder-superman-actress-dead-dies-1202809752/

Listening to John's gorgeous Love Theme concert arrangement from Superman in her memory.

Yesterday I saw Ricard's avatar and was thinking about her. Of course the love theme from Superman plays in my head everytime I think of her.

"You've got me!? Who's got you!?!?!"

Just now, Stefancos said:

I played Can You Ready My Mind on the flight home.

Hehe, that's a funny typo

Saddened to hear of her passing ... the perfect Lois Lane to Chris Reeve's definitive Clark/Supes, IMO. 

Met her at a convention a few years ago ... she was great, wonderfully warm and funny, 

R.I.P.  

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Huh?

Your first post on a thread dedicated to the memory of a beloved late actress is "Hehe, that's a funny typo." It strikes me as a bit disrespectful, even if unknowingly so.

Edit: what Stefan said!

Oh geez you guys have sticks up your butts today.  I just though "Can You Ready My Mind" was a funny typo, as it actually sounds like a plausible thing someone would say.  Sheesh!

It is of course sad that Margot passed away, at far too young an age. Rest in peace!

:( My favorite live-action Lois Lane. She got the characters feisty and fun personality down really well.

Her battle with mental illness and subsequent charity work should also be noted, and I also thought she was great in DePalma's Sisters, a solid Hitchcockian thriller, with a great Herrmann score. RIP!!!

Another part of childhood gone, watching Superman with my family and beguiled by the flying sequence and her portrayal of Lois in that first film. It's partly my Dad's MECO cassette but I thought tonight of Can you Read My Mind? But well...here's to Ms Kidder. 

Here's a depressing thought.  For Williams' three great capital-C Classic romantic themes inspired by iconic performances by actresses (Princess Leia's Theme, Love Theme from Superman, Marion's Theme) two of the actresses have died in less than two years. :( 

For God's sake, we need to ensure Karen Allen's safety!

3 hours ago, John said:

Your first post on a thread dedicated to the memory of a beloved late actress... strikes me as a bit disrespectful... 

<cracks knuckles>

I'll one-up Jay. 

Rest in peace to that really unhinged dinner guest that Peter Griffin didn't invite back. 

About 9 or 10 years ago I met Margot Kidder at Comic-Con and she was so extremely sweet and down to earth. She was at a booth signing autographs (she signed my Superman DVD insert) and she was asking every fan which state/country they were visiting from because she wanted to track and get an idea of how far people had traveled to go to the convention. May she Rest In Peace.

1 hour ago, Sharky said:

She really was the perfect Lois, especially when you consider the alternatives, like Stockard Channing.

RIP

Damn those clips look like 1950's era damsels. I think why she was well cast is she held her own to Christopher Reeve with her attitude and humor.  RIP.

Just like Chris Reeve was the perfect Superman and literally born for the role he played, so was Margot Kidder and she played Lois Lane perfectly, no other actress could have/has done it better. Rest in peace! :(