John Williams Autograph

John Tenuto

1 hour ago, Amer said:

Yep. I sent some to him[SS] to sign but all got returned back unopened. 

He's the one big hole in my 'Jaws' autograph collection. There's lots on eBay, but I have no idea which are genuine. He has this scrawl that he mostly does that is pretty easy to fake, so I'm hesitant to buy.

On 27/12/2023 at 12:11 AM, Mr. Hooper said:

Very nice! As you said it's rare to get Spielberg to sign his full name like that!

Actually at that time he's signed even fuller autograph to me on a Jurassic Park lithograph - which is extremely rare. It was only me and one more collector so Steven was very nice and accommodating. He is actually really nice and likes interactions with fans if it's a calm crowd and people are not yelling, pushing etc.

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Who's Steven Spillg?

I think it's this guy.

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This autograph is up on eBay with no reserve and a $1 opening bid, and it looks good. It's also on the usual white-bordered photo Williams signs to send through the mail. Good luck!

s-l1600.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Mr. Hooper said:

This autograph is up on eBay with no reserve and a $1 opening bid, and it looks good. It's also on the usual white-bordered photo Williams signs to send through the mail. Good luck!

s-l1600.jpeg

Thank you. I saw that and am keeping an eye on it. 

41 minutes ago, Gary V said:

Thank you. I saw that and am keeping an eye on it. 

I got the above from Boston Pops directly after doing dome clever emailing. Years and years ago!

3 hours ago, Mr. Hooper said:

s-l1600.jpeg

Was the BFG FYC’s price not a good enough lesson for us that noteworthy eBay listings should not be discussed on public message boards?

I guess it shouldn’t surprise me, but I never realized it was so hard to get John Williams’ John Hancock.

59 minutes ago, rpvee said:

Was the BFG FYC’s price not a good enough lesson for us that noteworthy eBay listings should not be discussed on public message boards?

I wasn't around for the lesson. I know a member or two here are looking for a legit autograph, so I thought I'd provide a friendly tip.

41 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

I guess it shouldn’t surprise me, but I never realized it was so hard to get John Williams’ John Hancock.

It's just hard to get a real one at an affordable price.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2024 at 7:17 PM, Amer said:

I got the above from Boston Pops directly after doing dome clever emailing. Years and years ago!

Glancing over their website, I don’t even see a way to contact their marketing department specifically, but then I also have no idea what I’d say to them to get an autograph either.

1 hour ago, A. A. Ron said:

Thanks so much for the detailed response, Amer! I’m going to attempt the exact same thing.

Best of luck !! In case these emails don't work try digging into Boston Pops office contacts.

It looks like that shady eBay seller from Belgium has pulled all his auctions, and his inexhaustible supply of John Williams autographs.

Good riddance, especially since his forgeries were somewhat convincing and could've fooled some people. But another big red flag were his prices. He had photos triple signed by Williams, Spielberg, and Lucas for a Buy It Now price of just $90.

• 4 weeks later...