Star Wars Disenchantment

John

34 minutes ago, Mattris said:

You don't think I understand TLJ better than most... or you? There's probably not too many people in the world that understand the movie better than me, having only seen the movie once and not read its novelization

😄😄😄😄

Shut up, you arrogant troll. 

1 hour ago, Mattris said:

The conclusion of LOTR saw the villain (Sauron) and leach (Gollum) defeated by good. The same will happen with the current 'keepers' of Star Wars. The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Do not compare Tolkien to Star Wars. It ruins the context.

38 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Interzzzzzzzzzzzztellar.

When I came out of the theatre after watching that I saw my friend. I asked him how long it'd been.

"Twenty three years," he replied.

49 minutes ago, Demodex said:

😄😄😄😄

Shut up, you arrogant troll. 

You could stand to be nicer. One man's opinions on a non trivial film do not define him, although they do hint at other distresses. Let us be advocates of peace and understanding, recognizing that we are all wonderful human beings behind these screens and display names.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Anyone else think my Interstellar discussions were a breath of fresh air in light of what this thread has become?

Those were JWfan at its very lowest. Courtesy of The Grey Pilgrim.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Anyone else think my Interstellar discussions were a breath of fresh air in light of what this thread has become?

I don't remember it but this is like the worst constipation ever recorded on JWFan bandwidth. So many people obsessing over what amounts to leisure entertainment with insufferable religious zealotism that's just not right.

5 minutes ago, publicist said:

I don't remember it but this is like the worst constipation ever recorded on JWFan bandwidth. So many people obsessing over what amounts to leisure entertainment with insufferable religious zealotism that's just not right.

Pretty normal for Star Wars though.

3 hours ago, Mattris said:

The Last Jedi:

In leaving Ahch-To abruptly, Rey split

Anakin's lightsaber split 
Snoke got split
Snoke's star destroyer got split. 
The fandom split

That's actually the most truthful thing you said. You're living proof of the last line, and all the other points are covered. I suggest you continue expressing your thoughts in linked poetry, rather than essays.

6 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

That's actually the most truthful thing you said. You're living proof of the last line, and all the other points are covered. I suggest you continue expressing your thoughts in linked poetry, rather than essays.

It really isn’t all that clever, Jerry. 

4 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Apparently that scene's purpose was to emasculate Luke Skywalker. Not sure how. I saw it as a way of explaining how the hell Luke survived on an island for so long. 

Not to emasculate, but its there yo further de-myth Luke. 

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'm so glad I've been informed that my opinion is wrong. Instead of liking the movie I now hate it, purely because of what other people think on the internet. 

You're not wrong: an opinion is an opinion, how many times do I have to say that? 

It's just that my opinion is more valid than yours, because I understand this film far more intimately than you could ever dream of. 

33 minutes ago, Holko said:

Damn, I should've only watched the movie once and got my "facts" from raving lunatics on Youtube, then my opinions could be objective truths, too!

It's not too late. Join us, and you can enter the hallowed realm of objectivity victory. We have meetings twice a month where we bring pretzels and board games!...except we never get around to them 'cause we can't stop revealing objective flaws and weaknesses with The Last Jedi! Our orientation meeting consisted of converting a stolen digital print of the movie to actual film negative, after which we all then burnt and branded our retinas with every single frame so that we can commence the holy mission with absolute conviction in our knowledge of this film we absolutely loathe.

While the branding has permanently damaged our retinas and sight,  we have actually disciplined ourselves to able to see the world, through the filter of The Last Jedi. So while we can truly never see a rose again, at least we can see Rose forever, so we can write essays about what an embarrassing SJW forced feminist agenda character she is!

I believe there's a Hungarian chapter opening, you should join!

I apologize, I haven't seen that post you're referring to yet.  Can you link me to it?

You must use the Report feature to report posts like that, I see things MUCH quicker that way.