David Arnold teases upcoming TOMORROW NEVER DIES expanded release!

Jay

I will buy every single Bond release LLL (or anyone else) puts out.  Fuck, I'd even buy an expanded Never Say Never Again, and that score is pure garbage.

So a proper Tomorrow Never Dies excites me, to say the least.

Cool. Although this doesn't sound like he said anything much about anything.

Karol - who is interested in all remaining four

It should since the isolated score had edits and volume dips, and there is music still unreleased that was dropped from the film and didn't appear on either CD release.

• 1 year later...

No Bond until later next year (hopefully) ...the new film is the top priority now for all involved.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=44&r=448#bottom

Interesting that DAD and TWINE snuck out in between SPECTRE and Bond25 and we have to wait for Bond25 hoopla to be over now before the catalog releases continue

33 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Yes because a few thousand CDs of a 20 year old film will hurt Bond 25 business so much. Goddamn Broccoli cunts.

Eh, yes, I want it please.

My goodness, the language. Think of the kids.

Of course it is!  It makes no sense, for sure.

But getting angry about it doesn't accomplish anything.

It's always been interesting how these labels can't put out an old score while a new film is coming, but the studios themselves won't hesitate to cash in with repackaged Blu-rays and DVDs of those same older films, or release special editions of the older ones to tie into the hype for the newer ones. 

5 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The keyword there is “cash in.” It doesn’t cost them much money to repackage something. 

No, but it does when they tie in older films to the new releases with special editions full of extras and remastered pictures, etc. 

32 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Anyone else prefer "A Pleasant Drive in St. Petersburg" to the Altman cue in the film?

27 minutes ago, Faleel J.M. said:

I like it, can't say I prefer it.

Agreed. Luc Serra's cue is good, but John Altman's cue fits the finished film better.

I will happily go on record and say that I love the GoldenEye score.

• 1 year later...

As far as I remember it was postponed due to No Time To Die expected release, any update on it's status? With all this stuff with virus it can be a very nice time to release it since NTTD was delayed like three times. 

I think they just wanted to pour all their resources into NTTD and put any further score expansions on ice until the film was finished.

But technically the film was finished over 8 months ago and is just gathering dust now until the release date. The director himself said he's not allowed to tweak it any further; they had to lock it and call it a day back in March, as every day of post production carries cost.

So I don't see any reason why LLL couldn't have started working on a TND expansion once NTTD finished production in March, regardless of whether the film is released. The entire production team has moved on and the studio is just biding their time until release.

As for whether 8 months is sufficient time for LLL to licence, assemble, master and approve a TND expansion? Guess we'll find out in a few weeks (but my guess is 2021).

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be really excited for this when it happens. 

Early in my discovering-film-music-days, I saw TND in the theaters and loved the score so much, and then later found that it was David Arnold who I had also been loving his ID4 and Stargate. 

I recall fond days of trying to combine the OST, the other 'More Music' CD that came out later on...and the DVD isolated score. Good times. 

• 3 weeks later...

After watching the film, this score is now one of my most-anticipated LLL releases!

Also, picked up the LLL TWINE without knowing a thing about it and really enjoyed that score. Excellent driving music when you're touring the countryside :D

Kinda weird that Arnold first hinted about TND expanded back in mid-2018 and we're 2.5 years later without a release.

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

No, but there already was a single disc expansion released in 1999

https://www.soundtrack.net/album/tomorrow-never-dies/

Good!

When/if a newer expanded version comes out I'll pick up that one- CHEAP!😁