New Doug Adams podcast on Jurassic Park

Dr. Rick

It's delicious. Shame we get those so rarely. I would really like to hear Doug's take on The Lost World as well.

Karol

12 minutes ago, crocodile said:

It's delicious. Shame we get those so rarely. I would really like to hear Doug's take on The Lost World as well.

Stranger things have happened.  Glad you’re enjoying it!

23 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I don't think Doug likes Horner much.

Not even the score to that movie whose name is too holy to be mentioned idly?;)

Wow that's a pretty fascinating listen. Having zero musical knowledge I can just about hang on to some of what he's talking about; mainly how using different note combinations have links and meanings. All this stuff about F#, B natural, G7.... ummmm. :huh:

A fascinating listen, even if I only completely understood a third of it.

I enjoy the brevity of Doug's podcasts.  They're wonderful recorded lectures, really; but without any negative connotations of dryness some might bring with that word.

Yet another very enlightening and entertaining Doug Adams podcast. While the musical theory does fly over my head most of the time, Doug still manages thanks to his examples give quite clear and illuminating picture of the musical ideas, devices or structures he is talking about so I found the whole thing very listenable from start to finish. Even the slight detours to temp tracks and musical borrowing/influences was actually very well tied to the main topic of Jurassic Park and only added to the whole. Also the opening personal anecdote about meeting John Williams back in early 90's was rather lovely.