ocelot

7 hours ago, ocelot said:

It's the encore, you can have a little fun with it. Although he did come in as Jack Sparrow before and said his wife is always mistaking him for Johnny Depp.

:pukeface:

You don't see people pullin' this cute-ass crap at a Mendelssohn or Reich concert! I sense a double standard!

You people... I thought I was the snob of the group but you guys are something else haha. WTF. For all those going you would never attend a concert like this at the Albert Hall I call bullshit! If someone gave you tickets, you would go in a heartbeat to see this concert :)

4 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

:pukeface:

You don't see people pullin' this cute-ass crap at a Mendelssohn or Reich concert! I sense a double standard!

Yo also don't see people having as much fun as this at those concerts either. Trust me. I have 90% of the proms night tickets in my living room and going through them to see which ones I want to give back and which ones I want to attend. I go every year. Some fabulous concerts but not as much fun ;)

2 hours ago, ocelot said:

You people... I thought I was the snob of the group but you guys are something else haha. WTF. For all those going you would never attend a concert like this at the Albert Hall I call bullshit! If someone gave you tickets, you would go in a heartbeat to see this concert :)

Those quotes gives you wrong information. Of course I would love to attend to this concert, just interested in the other one of these guys.

Yo also don't see people having as much fun as this at those concerts either. Trust me. I have 90% of the proms night tickets in my living room and going through them to see which ones I want to give back and which ones I want to attend. I go every year. Some fabulous concerts but not as much fun ;)

Why do groups feel like they have to ham it up when it comes to film music? This group has all kinds of lame gimmicks when playing Williams' film music, for example: (around 4:30)

But when they play other music they play it completely straight?

Are they afraid people won't enjoy a concert of this stuff if they're not laughing? 

I think, because it's film music, it is some people's "pop" music. As in popular, not the genre, so people go to have fun and they still love and enjoy the music, but there's an added thing to it. BTW, with the exception of Darth Vader coming in at the encore and the conductor coming out as Captain Jack Sparrow after the intermission, the rest of the concert was like any normal concert. He played pieces and people clapped and cheered after each one. I just was able to film that one because it was the encore.

I mean honestly, I risk being thrown out of the Albert Hall to bring you footage that no one else has and this is the thanks I get?! That's it! No More I tell you!!! I'm Revolting!!!!

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Calm down dear!

Just now, Batman's Diet Coke said:

And put a shirt on for Christ's sake.

Oh Come On, lol. You couldn't tell I was joking? Even with me saying "I'm Revolting" at the end?! Sheesh... heh

1 minute ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

Oh yes! I hate this! It is revolting!

There we go!

5 hours ago, ocelot said:

You people... I thought I was the snob of the group but you guys are something else haha.

I think, because it's film music, it is some people's "pop" music.

We're not the snobs here.

As you imply, It's the concert organizers who need to distance themselves from this "lesser" art form by pulling cheap stunts such as this. It betrays their deep-seated condescension, as in, "Who cares? it's only film music. Let's have some fun!"

First of all the Conductor is Anthony Inglis. He LOVES film music and is the resident conductor of the London Concert Orchestra who love to play film music. I should have recorded Hook because it was spectacularly played and he said it is one of his all time favorite pieces to conduct bar none especially with this orchestra. He also talked about what a master Williams is and how he has come from a long line of incredible composers before him who have influenced him and his style. I honestly don't see anything wrong with having a little fun be it with film music or when doing something like a classical spectacular where they dress up and do stunts as well and there is no film music played there, only classical music. 

Williams is one of my favorite composers ever, most of you know that from the way I talk, and some of you know it from how I write, but make no mistake, his film music, as much as I adore it, is not a Mahler Symphony or a Richard Strauss Tone Poem... LOL

It is not cheapening his themes to once in a while have fun with it. It just added to the atmosphere, and honestly, each time I watch it I giggle at Darth Vader conducting and Breathing and can still appreciate that this is one of the best, if not, THE BEST, theme ever written for film. But that's me.

11 hours ago, ocelot said:

Williams is one of my favorite composers ever, most of you know that from the way I talk, and some of you know it from how I write, but make no mistake, his film music, as much as I adore it, is not a Mahler Symphony or a Richard Strauss Tone Poem... LOL

I'm glad JW's film music isn't like one of Strauss' tone poems. Although I like them a lot, the guy clearly lacked control of his impulsivity when writing them.

8 minutes ago, John said:

This is the kind of intelligent, philosophical post that really adds to the forum in a positive way.

Curious your disdain of my post disdain of zimmers ability as a composer doesn't meet your needs for an intelligent philisopical post of a postive nature. It is in fact an emotional response in a negative way for zimmer's attempts at musical scoring which I inept and purile. It also reflects poor taste on someone's part other than my own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...