Anyone else think Spider-Man 3 is underrated?

• 2 weeks later...

I never really got the flack the movie got for its final scene. Quiet, understated, emotional. Fans bitched about SM-3 having no "final swing", as if that bit really mattered. Trash the overstuffed script or the silly Emo Peter subplot, but that was one scene Raimi nailed.

12 years later, Avengers Endgame ends on a very similar note.

--

On 6/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, Trent B said:

In my opinion it had too many villains.  If they had just kept the Harry and Sandman story and not even introduce Venom (or emo Parker...shudder) then it would have been better.  Don't get me wrong it is one I still watch on occasion but it's not as good as the first two.  This one just had way too many problems which is why it did not do well in theaters.  Other wise had it done well we would have a 4th Sam Raimi Spidey film.

Spider-Man 3 was a huge hit for Sony Pictures and they considered two more movies. The main reason that Spider-Man 4 wasn't greenlit is because Raimi didn't want to go through the hell he endured making SM-3 again.

Had Avi Arad been forced off the Raimi franchise post-Spider-Man 2, we would've had at least SM-4 before the studio rebooted the franchise.

On 6/20/2018 at 3:35 AM, The Original said:

Which bits did Deborah Lurie score? Was John Debney involved?

Lurie scored most the Peter/MJ scenes, Debney scored the Peter/MJ web scene.

They basically arranged Elfman’s themes to fit the scene.

2 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Spidey 3 is a truly horrible film, with a fun Bruce Campbell cameo and a totally awesome Christopher Young score.

Yavar

^

Obviously hasn't seen Catwoman or Amazing Spider-Man 2...

The fans, critics and Raimi didn't like the handful of villains, originally it was meant to be Sandman and New Goblin as the two villains but Arad and the studios wanted Venom too. They fucked it up and Raimi probably had his hands tied.

6 hours ago, The Original said:

You don't hear awesome bad guy themes like the Sandman and Venom these days like you did in Spidey 3.

I want to hear a 'Rebellion is Reborn' style suite of the two themes!

8 hours ago, The Original said:

You don't hear awesome bad guy themes like the Sandman and Venom these days like you did in Spidey 3.

It bewilders me that there isn't a legit release of Young's SM-3 score. No reason Sony can't pay Elfman a licensing fee for that when they obviously did for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween.

• 3 weeks later...