Which 5 John Williams expanded releases will we get in 2018?

Josh500

The Cowboys is the first.

What else do you think will we get this year? Take 5 picks (including The Cowboys).... 

1. The Cowboys

2. Born on the Fourth of July 

3. Star Wars and the Phantom Menace 

4. JFK 

5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 

Are we sure there are going to be FIVE Williams expansions in one year? Seems like a lot!

1. The Cowboys

2. Born on the Fourth of July 

3. The Towering Inferno

4. JFK 

5. Presumed Innocent (the last one Varese controls if I'm not mistaken, and since they already put out Stanley & Iris and The Cowboys...)

Yavar

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

3. Star Wars and the Phantom Menace 

Hell yeah! But seriously I don't think so. They just released the remastered OST's. It'll still be a while before we see the expanded releases of Star Wars coming out I should think, although I wish it's sooner than later.

Harry  Potter (because that seems to be a likely consensus) is my guess.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

What makes you think there will be 5 releases this year?

I don't know that, of course.

I just said take 5 picks. If it's supposed to be a good year for JW fans, 5 is not an unreasonable number, I thought. 

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:
  1. Harry Potter 1-3

That's 3 movies.

But yeah, we might get a giant John Williams Harry Potter Box Set. After Jurassic Park last year, I'll believe that could happen. How great would that be!

We already have this year's major JW expanded release: The Cowboys. And that's it! And we also have SW remastered in glorious sound, specially ESB. There won't be anything else after those. See ya all in 2019.

3 hours ago, Holko said:

Oh that's why he's 500!

Bingo! Finally, after 14 years as a member on this forum, somebody noticed it! 😁😁

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Are we sure there are going to be FIVE Williams expansions in one year? 

Again, no.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Bingo! Finally, after 14 years as a member on this forum, somebody noticed it! 😁😁

I thought 500 was the number of tries before you finally succeeded in registering at JWFan! :sarcasm:

17 hours ago, aescalle said:

1. The Cowboys

2. Storia di una donna

3. The Sugarland Express

4. Dracula

5. The Rare Breed

I think you're gonna be pretty disappointed, for the foreseeable future because Dracula famously has problems (probably only surviving complete in poor mono sound) and Mike Mattessino and Roger Feigelson have confirmed that John Williams himself does not want #s 2, 3, or 5 released at the present time (thankfully also confirming that tapes for these three survive, at least...)

Yavar

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I think you're gonna be pretty disappointed, for the foreseeable future because Dracula famously has problems (probably only surviving complete in poor mono sound) and Mike Mattessino and Roger Feigelson have confirmed that John Williams himself does not want #s 2, 3, or 4 released at the present time (thankfully also confirming that tapes for these three survive, at least...)

Yavar

You mean 5 The Rare Breed?

BOTFOJ would be nice, and very welcome.

Potter, [shrug] – I'm happy enough with the current OSTs.

Sugarland/Storia ... we should be so lucky 😜

3 hours ago, Lockdown said:

I heard Warner has been planning on a HP box set since last year at least.

And I heard it would be something for this year. Two questions still remain:

- Is the source reliable?

- Will MM be involved?

There was a boxset planned for Potter, but it was just a collection of all the OSTs in one big box. I guess that's okay if you never bought them.

54 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Will it ever happen?

Yes, they have it on the table, but its not a priority perhaps because they have other projects in cue?

Well Cowboys isn't from LLL, and we know LLL have Williams release(s) in the pipeline this year because they've said as much.

There's only been one year since 2011 without a Spielberg/Williams expansion from LLL, so I'm not concerned. In fact, we've had two new expansions two years running now, so fingers crossed that continues!

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

You should probably stop correcting the spelling of people whom English isnt their first language. It's very rude.

Such people need to be educated all the time. I love being corrected myself.