Which 5 John Williams expanded releases will we get in 2018?

Josh500

1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

When John Williams thinks about Daisy Ridley, something in him...expands...

It's the Theme, we are talking about Rey's Theme!

And the first new expansion will be SAVING PRIVATE RYAN - 20th Anniversary Limited Edition coming Friday August 28th 2018 from La-La Land Records

Hahaha was not on my list...

13 minutes ago, aescalle said:

Hahaha was not on my list...

Nobody had that on their list. 

Hell, it didn't even enter my mind! :D

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

First?

Varese released The Cowboys last month.  That was the first of the year.

So we got the first one of 2018 in July?

Year starts late.... 

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

First?

Varese released The Cowboys last month.  That was the first of the year.

Sorry I was thinking about the new UNIVERSAL HERITAGE COLLECTION... 😉

collection started this month from LLL

Hopefully a 3rd score will take  out the sour taste of this most recent release.

11 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Hopefully a 3rd score will take  out the sour taste of this most recent release.

You sound as if they released this just to annoy you! 

For Pete's sake.

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Saving Private Ryan is not part of the Universal Heritage Collection.  It's a Dreamworks/Paramount film.

Hahahaahah 😜 stupid i am

I was to much focusing on the new collection with Univesal

And it is a surprise to finaly find a title out of this new LLL Universal Heritage collection

The only 2 titles in the Universal Heritage Collection so far are Michel Colombier’s Colossus: The Forbin Project from last month , and Henry Mancini's Prisoner of Zenda coming out on August 14th.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

You sound as if they released this just to annoy you! 

For Pete's sake.

If my comment annoys you then you are welcome.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:23 AM, Josh500 said:

The Cowboys is the first.

What else do you think will we get this year? Take 5 picks (including The Cowboys).... 

1. The Cowboys

2. Born on the Fourth of July 

3. Star Wars and the Phantom Menace 

4. JFK 

5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 

Weren't the entire scores for the Star Wars prequel trilogy already released, as was the full score for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone?

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

No. The full prequel scores haven't even leaked.

Somehow I found the full scores for The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of The Sith floating around on YouTube, including recreated film edits.  And I found on the JW Collection, that Revenge of The Sith was released in 2010.  But perhaps I could be wrong.

Just now, TitanicFan2018 said:

Somehow I found the full scores for The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of The Sith on YouTube, including recreated film edits.  And I found on the JW Collection, that Revenge of The Sith was released in 2010.  But perhaps I could be wrong.

Those are all fanmade bootlegs from videogame resources and bluray rips. JWcollection also shows bootlegs.

@Manakin Skywalker could tell you more about it :P

HP1 and 2 have leaked unofficially (legit recording sessions, though 2 is incomplete), but never released officially since the OSTs.

18 minutes ago, Holko said:

Those are all fanmade bootlegs from videogame resources and bluray rips. JWcollection also shows bootlegs.

I see.  But yeah, it would be great to see the full scores get released.  I also have a feeling those Harry Potter full scores floating around on YouTube are also fanmade bootlegs from DVD/bluray rips.  I too thought Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone was released because you don't hear sound effects or dialog in the background.

Perhaps La-La Land Records could release the SW prequel along with the first HP score, like they did with Close Encounters, Titanic, and Die Another Day last fall; and Close Encounters was a John Williams Score.

Just now, TitanicFan2018 said:

I see.  But yeah, it would be great to see the full scores get released.  I also wonder if the Harry Potter full scores floating around on YouTube are also fanmade bootlegs from DVD/bluray rips.

As I said, HP1 leaked completely with alternates, 2 leaked with small supposedly tracked cues and unknown alternates missing, 4 leaked, but it's messy, incomplete and at times heavily damaged, 5 leaked with no alternates but completely as far as I can tell, 6-8 also supposedly leaked but I don't care about those in the slightest. 3 never leaked, not a second, we only have dvd and bluray rips from the echo-filled 5.1 channels. That's where those are from.

Just now, Josh500 said:

If they really wanted to do the COMPLETE Philosopher's Stone, I wonder whether they'd consider another 3-CD set, like A.I.

Also, of course, for Prisoner of Azkaban! 

If they're released in separate sets, the Children's Suite makes HP1 absolutely needing 3 discs. If it's a boxset and HP2 has no substantial amount of alternates, technically they could put the Suite on disc 2 of HP2 to close them off, considering they're brother and sister scores, then HP1 could manage with 2 discs when edited right. HP3 is also long and has quite a number of alternates, I hear.

10 minutes ago, Holko said:

If they're released in separate sets, the Children's Suite makes HP1 absolutely needing 3 discs.

I doubt JW will sanction the release of that recording of the Children's suite, since he revised the suite afterwards.

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

And we'll get it

I can already imagine the day this will be announced. 

I will keep giving out a loud screams of joy and ecstasy and I will walk on air the entire time, with a big grin on my face.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

He also wrote a new ending to Diagon Alley.  I'm not aware of any other changes?

I never knew that, interesting... and mind-boggling that no orchestra has re-recorded the published suite yet.

11 hours ago, TitanicFan2018 said:

Somehow I found the full scores for The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of The Sith floating around on YouTube, including recreated film edits.  And I found on the JW Collection, that Revenge of The Sith was released in 2010.  But perhaps I could be wrong. 

I wouldn't be surprised if you're referring to my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KSksbUedJnUkUB_1UEOhg

If that is the case, I use video game rips, Blu-Ray rips, and the OSTs to recreate the scores, as does everyone else. None of the prequel scores have ever leaked, or have ever gotten an official complete release. Just fan-made bootlegs.

8 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you're referring to my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KSksbUedJnUkUB_1UEOhg

If that is the case, I use video game rips, Blu-Ray rips, and the OSTs to recreate the scores, as does everyone else. None of the prequel scores have ever leaked, or have ever gotten an official complete release. Just fan-made bootlegs.

I'm curious, were the cues in video games unedited, and did you also recreate all the film edits?  Or did you rip the film edits from blu-ray?

4 minutes ago, TitanicFan2018 said:

I'm curious, were the cues in video games unedited, and did you also recreate all the film edits?  Or did you rip the film edits from blu-ray?

Most of the time the music files in the video games are un-edited (although they are usually segmented). Sometimes they are edited. It depends on the game usually. As for film edits, on rare occasions video games with use bits and pieces of the film mixes, however most of the time I have to meticulously recreate them by hand, matching them up to the Blu-Ray audio track to be as exact as physically possible. I try to use Blu-Ray rips as little as possible, as they contain some degree of sound effects and dialogue echo.

18 hours ago, Josh500 said:

It's about time they released Harry Potter! I mean, WTH are they waiting for!

Meanwhile we got like 6 different editions of LOTR!

With the recent flurry of licensing given to the Potter franchise this year (seriously, it's crazy) I think HP expansions would be fitting. There's a number of factors to consider as WB would have a mountain of legal guff to go over, and they love to go over packaging designs etc. 

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

With the recent flurry of licensing given to the Potter franchise this year (seriously, it's crazy) I think HP expansions would be fitting. There's a number of factors to consider as WB would have a mountain of legal guff to go over, and they love to go over packaging designs etc. 

A.I. was WB, if I remember correctly, wasn't it?

I just want them to give Harry Potter 1-3 the same treatment and fair chance they did give to A.I.!