Titanic: Unpopular Opinions

Even if there were twice the number of life boats the death toll would have stayed pretty much the same. 

In Avengers 4 the non better half will be returned.

I hate Horner's use of synth, and I removed all tracks containing the love theme from my playlist.

May not be unpopular... just my high level thoughts on the score.

Although I think the film's fantastic, and does a superb job of conveying the tragedy.

13 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

That’s the incorrect opinion I heard for 15 years after it came out.

True.

I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but this particularl arguement amounts to little more than "that's not how it happened" to which the appropriate response would be "who cares?!" Adapting a historical event to film is an adaptation just like any other.

What's more, the audience's ability to care for a large crowd of people (in this case, the crew and passengers of the Titanic) is less than their ability to care for specific characters (Rose and Jack) whom they can grow to know and like, individually, over the course of the film.

A couple of years ago my mother and I were cleaning my Grammy's attic, where we found a cassette player that my mom had since high school. I pressed play to see if it worked, and it turns out there was still a cassette inside: the one film score she bought in her life!